Discuss How to desolder in completely easiest by using Hot Air Gun in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'd recently found very difficuly to remove IC Chip or SMD components from tiny board by using ATTEN AT850 (2 in 1 Hot Air & Soldering rework station), even I switched up to 380 to 450 celcius with airflow in within 3.5 level also yields in nothing.

I did attached those picture for those tools and equipments that I used during my removing jobs. I hope anyone could help me to solve my issues.

Attachments

• 20230824_061024.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230824_061130.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230824_061623.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230824_061647.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 12
You have to heat it for quite a Time , the flux is good and the hot air station should be fine , practise on old boards or buy a cheap smd practice board , several channels i follow on you tube could show you the best techniques, don’t over heat though and try to keep the board temperature fairly even.

Sometimes chips have an adhesive/ resin type underfill applied during manufacturing and they can be very difficult to remove. You can usually smell the burning underfill material when you heat it if that's the case.

If it's just a thick multilayered board that's sinking the heat then plenty of flux and flood the component you're trying to remove using a soldering iron and low melting temp solder first. After that the rework heat gun should easily remove it.

I'd recently found very difficuly to remove IC Chip or SMD components from tiny board by using ATTEN AT850 (2 in 1 Hot Air & Soldering rework station), even I switched up to 380 to 450 celcius with airflow in within 3.5 level also yields in nothing.

I did attached those picture for those tools and equipments that I used during my removing jobs. I hope anyone could help me to solve my issues.
Smd hotplate, a decent microscope, kapton tape, tools to dig away the under fill, micro soldering iron, hot air gun and lots of practice.

You have to heat it for quite a Time , the flux is good and the hot air station should be fine , practise on old boards or buy a cheap smd practice board , several channels i follow on you tube could show you the best techniques, don’t over heat though and try to keep the board temperature fairly even.
noted

Reply to How to desolder in completely easiest by using Hot Air Gun in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock