Discuss Van signwriting in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

mate mine has company name,
electrical contractors,
domestic and commercial installation and repair services
mob and land line
web site
NICEIC stickers

thats it

I just have simple magnetics, about 4ftx2ft in size. They've been on 4 different vans now and are looking a little worn but TBH I dont think it's worth a fully signwritten van anymore as most new customers either get told about you or google for an electrician in their area. A strong website is better in this day and age I feel.

does a signwritten van look good in the pub?? dont want customers getting the wrong impression!! unless it's friday after work!!

nothing on mine for the following reasons:
1. change vans regularly and got sick of getting re done
2. often subcontract and lot of firms dont allow signwritten vans
3. dont like advertising to thiefs what may be in van

although am considering magnetic signs like lenny

Same van different layout for a bit of inspiration. Designed and applied by me too!

DSC00216.JPG

Thanks Paul. Like your web site. Who did it for you? Can I get the code so I can mod for myself?

Also a typo on the "contact" page "if you wnat to get in touch" ie wnat.

cheers

Cheers mate. Did it myself hence the typo. Email me your email address and I'll send you the code. Just need dreamweaver or similar to edit it.

Be warned though on stella number 4 now so don't expect it till the morning!

I am also just about to get my van done.

found that signwitghters are not graphic design people so dont offer an opinion. what you guys think of my ideas (colours on van pic not correct look at pdf for the colouts and fonts I want, too much work to keep changing the van mockups myself).
View attachment 2418
View attachment 2417

If the signwritters are not willing to help and assist with design, find another one that is. Indian lad did mine and he was spot on with it, he spent ages advising me and did a good job.

Cheers........Howard

I bought a 600mm vinyl cutter from fleabay. I watched a few "How to apply vinyl" videos on youtube and I did my own vans plus 3 plumbers vans at £100 each. It looks good and I can change the sinage whenever I want. I can also produce my own promo (consumer unit labels, bellbox stickers site boards. It's even made me a small profit (not to mention a good few nights on the lash). Vinyl is quite cheap, and it's really theraputic weeding out the waste.

I just have simple magnetics, about 4ftx2ft in size. They've been on 4 different vans now and are looking a little worn but TBH I dont think it's worth a fully signwritten van anymore as most new customers either get told about you or google for an electrician in their area. A strong website is better in this day and age I feel.

Lenny, where do you get them made in that size from?
I've been struggling to find any big enough.
Cheers

hi mate , who's doing the signwriting Vistaprint, i was looking at there site the other day, looks good and cheap and berlingo's are very good vans ,all councils use them , cheap to run and you are right a big job get i delivered

Reply to Van signwriting in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back