Discuss What BS number is this? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hmmm, is it that old that it's not even apart of British standard?
So would you recommend I contact the dno about replacing? ... And
How should I continue with the eicr?

It almost certainly is part of some British Standard, after all BS88 goes back to around 1919 or so, but quite which one if not visible on the box is hard to say.

I don't do EICR, but if it was me I would be tempted to put 'LIM' for the supply fuse details and add a note that the DNO should be contacted to determine if it is still in serviceable condition. All the other stuff like Ze, etc, is unchanged.

Hmmm, is it that old that it's not even apart of British standard?
So would you recommend I contact the dno about replacing? ... And
How should I continue with the eicr?
It's certainly old, but doesn't appear to have a fused neutral and appears in reasonable condition and not damaged, so no real reason not to mark it down as OK on the EICR tick list (perhaps with a comment).

Edit: Put LIM for the fuse details as @pc1966 suggests

DNO will likely replace it if asked, though possibly not as an urgent case. Depending on your area, it may well be possible to report it online and provide pictures, and they'll prioritise it based on their workload.

It may have asbestos flash shields inside, so definitely not one to let the seal fairy work on...

I was going to add that BS88 today means HRC fuses, but that could well be rewirable with asbestos shields as you suggest!
I had one a while back which was rewireable and they thought might well have asbestos - they came out and replaced it within a month (that counts as fairly fast round here) - though only with gloves, and not the full PPE get up.

House was empty though, so not a big issue at the time.

Of course if you're looking for the 'correct' answer, you could FI it and ask the DNO to tell you what the protection is from their wonderfully kept records 🤪

Reply to What BS number is this? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net