Discuss Which VAN in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

axel132132

Hi all,

Im currently looking at buying a van now that i have sold my car but not sure as to which one to get

I live in Huddersfield and my GF lives in Woking so i will be doing work at both areas (If i get a job in woking ill be down there, and if i get one in huddersfield ill be up here etc) so i will be doing alot of travelling - ATM i drive to woking every weekend and we split the cost of fuel so it will just be the same

I have seen the Astra VAN is good for MPG as well as convenience id prolly be looking at the newer shape model 08 plate or something £4500 but is there any other vans that are cheaper, bigger and are just as good on MPG i dont want to have to spend like 80 quid just to get down there (In my car atm i spend £40 but have eco car) so im guessing astra van would do it in about £50-60 depending on driving style.

Cheers

New shape Peugeot partner? Nice looking van, plenty of space. Don't know how reliable or economic they are though. Can anyone recommend it?
p
Same as all the modern stuff ; to much electronic wizardry to go wrong and prone to back axles(mileage and abuse) , same as berlingo .Otherwise mint on fuel , engine pretty bulletproof

is there any other vans that are cheaper, bigger and are just as good on MPG

Ahh, the commercial vehicle equivalent of eutopia. There are a couple of facts to consider when buying a van. Whatever you buy it won't be as reliable as 'everyone says' it is, it won't be big enough no matter what size you buy, it will use more fuel than you thought it would, the resale value will be lower than expected, the insurance higher than expected, and srevice/repair bills will be extortionate.

My advice, get one with the most comfortable seats and best audio equipment you can find. It will still cost you a bloody fortune, but you'll at least be comfortable while you are paying.

Ahh, the commercial vehicle equivalent of eutopia. There are a couple of facts to consider when buying a van. Whatever you buy it won't be as reliable as 'everyone says' it is, it won't be big enough no matter what size you buy, it will use more fuel than you thought it would, the resale value will be lower than expected, the insurance higher than expected, and srevice/repair bills will be extortionate.

My advice, get one with the most comfortable seats and best audio equipment you can find. It will still cost you a bloody fortune, but you'll at least be comfortable while you are paying.

Lol sums it up , I borrowed a Renault LWB the other day loved it , would have no hesitation buying it , drives like a Rolls , yet heard them slagged .It only had 160000 miles on it on a 09 plate , never had a spanner on it in anger lol.

The difference in price between the older Astra and newer Astra is about 2500 do you think its worth paying 2500 more for a new shape astra van just for the better looking shape, lights, dash, comfort? or do you think its best just to stick with the older shape and save the money?

As in ive seen a 03 astra van old shape for £2000
and
ive seen a 08 astra van new shape for £4500

Both roughly same mileage

Will they both be as reliable as each other ish
Cheers

Behold !!! The biffmobile..........

View attachment 13676

View attachment 13677

View attachment 13679

Thats right men ,
gloss black race alloys , black cloth coupe sports seats , gloss black and chrome dash console , full red led dashlight conversion - the pimping is endless !! lol
I might not be able to carry anything heavier than earth sleeving but by god i get there quickly and in style. :-D

I should have known you were a "white van driver" Biff....

ive got an astra van,dont like it,would prefer the combo or vivaro,the problem with the astra is if you have a van full of gear you have to empty half of it to get to the gear at the back,with the combo you just open the side door..

ive got an astra van,dont like it,would prefer the combo or vivaro,the problem with the astra is if you have a van full of gear you have to empty half of it to get to the gear at the back,with the combo you just open the side door..

Personally I would steer well clear of vivaro/traficc and the nissan equivalent, they have no end of problems, especially steer clear of ones around 80K they're just due a new box at £1000+ +fitting!

Personally I would steer well clear of vivaro/traficc and the nissan equivalent, they have no end of problems, especially steer clear of ones around 80K they're just due a new box at £1000+ +fitting!

Only known problem is the gear selector cable does go eventually. had mine done recently on my Vivaro cost £250.00

The 6 speed box however has the problem with the gear box which eventually will go and cost alot of money.

not aware of the problems,mines a company one and long gone by 80k,i like the new combos tho a vivaro would suit me more,would really like a transit but we dont use ford,so a vivaro gets my vote

Only known problem is the gear selector cable does go eventually. had mine done recently on my Vivaro cost £250.00

The 6 speed box however has the problem with the gear box which eventually will go and cost alot of money.

I have helped a mate change his gearbox, your right though think it was a 6-speed. the plus side of these vans is that they really nice to drive, like a car IMO

I have helped a mate change his gearbox, your right though think it was a 6-speed. the plus side of these vans is that they really nice to drive, like a car IMO

That is what my garage told me, also have 2 friends who are mechanics who said the same thing. I always look at what vehicles the recovery companies drive as they will only want to be seen driving reliable vehicles.

Unless it's mine with no side door. Lost count the amount of times I've knelt on something sharp... :lol:

Reply to Which VAN in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock