Discuss Another van broken into. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Electrify the van, as previously mentioned

You'd be surprised at the opposite, NHS vans, biohazard disposal companies and radioactiv waste handlers often get targetted by "dirty bomb" makers etc

How about Nappy disposal services?

No wonder police are monitoring the internet so much when people are bandying about idle threats of murder. :rolleyes:;)

It isn't a "threat" Andy. It's merely an expression of my disgust at the misery thieving criminal vermin inflict on honest, hard-working tradesmen when their vans get broken into and their tools get stolen. An expression of my frustration at people who make politically-incorrect comments on 'social media being arrested and prosecuted for their 'crimes' while the aforementioned thieving criminal vermin get away scot-free with theirs. An expression of my complete and utter contempt for the politicians whose policies created this sorry state of affairs in the first place. How did we get here?

For the record, I have no problem whatsoever with anyone defending their property by use of force, and I would have zero sympathy for any thieving criminal vermin who were to be badly injured or even killed during the commission of a theft. These evil, psychopathic criminals often come armed with machetes and wouldn't think twice of hacking you or your dog, or squirting acid in your face if you get in their way. All's fair in love and war.

It isn't a "threat" Andy. It's merely an expression of my disgust at the misery thieving criminal vermin inflict on honest, hard-working tradesmen when their vans get broken into and their tools get stolen. An expression of my frustration at people who make politically-incorrect comments on 'social media being arrested and prosecuted for their 'crimes' while the aforementioned thieving criminal vermin get away scot-free with theirs. An expression of my complete and utter contempt for the politicians whose policies created this sorry state of affairs in the first place. How did we get here?

For the record, I have no problem whatsoever with anyone defending their property by use of force, and I would have zero sympathy for any thieving criminal vermin who were to be badly injured or even killed during the commission of a theft. These evil, psychopathic criminals often come armed with machetes and wouldn't think twice of hacking you or your dog, or squirting acid in your face if you get in their way. All's fair in love and war.
Just saying it like I see it man. If someone said to me they wouldn't think twice about killing me if they thought they could get away with it I'd take that as a threat.
I can totally understand frustration like this however. It truly appears to be an epidemic now with thieves being more organised and taking advantage of police cuts and lack of manpower.
I have to say if it was a decision involving me tangling with someone with a machete, I'd throw them my van keys every time.

Just saying it like I see it man.
No worries Andy. I'm all for free-speech so saying whatever you like is fine with me. :)
If someone said to me they wouldn't think twice about killing me if they thought they could get away with it I'd take that as a threat.
Let's put it this way ..... every single one of us has the capacity to kill under the right circumstances. As far as I'm concerned, a man's first duty is the protection of his family. I'm sure you would without hesitation kill anyone who sought to inflict serious injury or death upon a member of your family. I know I certainly would and I make no apologies for it. Whether or not you thought you could get away with it would have no bearing on your decision-making at the time. You would just do it and consider the consequences later.
I can totally understand frustration like this however. It truly appears to be an epidemic now with thieves being more organised and taking advantage of police cuts and lack of manpower.
I believe the correct descriptor for such a scenario is anarchy. What should be abundantly clear by now to any interested observer is that the police can no longer defend the citizen from the criminal. Sad but nevertheless true. An inescapable truth. Nor can the citizen rely on the so-called 'justice' system - a misnomer if ever there was one - for justice. Little wonder then, that so many people no longer have any faith in the police or the criminal justice system.

So what is the beleaguered citizen to do when the police cannot provide protection from violent criminals? From where I'm standing, the citizen has but three options: they must either take responsibility for their own defence or they must submit to the will of the criminals. Alternatively, they can continue to place their faith in the police being able to offer protection. Good luck with that. The rise of the vigilante has begun. It appears somewhat inevitable to me that groups like We Stand Determined will multiply given the seemingly inexorable rise of violent crime in the UK. They enjoy my full-hearted support,
I have to say if it was a decision involving me tangling with someone with a machete, I'd throw them my van keys every time.
This is where we differ. I believe that if you have nothing worth dying for then you have nothing worth living for, and I would much rather die on my feet than live on my knees. No thieving criminal vermin are ever going to get me to hand over my van keys or anything else that I've worked hard to acquire. Over my dead body. How dare these cowardly, narcissistic scumbags think they have the right to deprive people of their property via the threat of violence? The only language these reprobates seem to understand is violence. Fair enough. Let's have a conversation then. Although I would much rather live in peace, I will never hesitate to fight back to defend myself and my property.

This is where we differ. I believe that if you have nothing worth dying for then you have nothing worth living for, and I would much rather die on my feet than live on my knees. No thieving criminal vermin are ever going to get me to hand over my van keys or anything else that I've worked hard to acquire. Over my dead body. How dare these cowardly, narcissistic scumbags think they have the right to deprive people of their property via the threat of violence? The only language these reprobates seem to understand is violence. Fair enough. Let's have a conversation then. Although I would much rather live in peace, I will never hesitate to fight back to defend myself and my property.

I think this is where we do differ, you are right. I know that I can better serve my family by being there for them rather than them looking at an epitaph that says "he died for his tools".
I've worked too hard for my family to throw it all away for some borrowed notions of bravery or righteousness. Vans and tools can be replaced, but people can't.

Fine quote from Emiliano Zapata there, JK!
Also reflected on the statue of La Pasionaria, at Merchant's Quay, in Glasgow.

Another van broken into. La Pasionaria - EletriciansForums.net

I think this is where we do differ, you are right. I know that I can better serve my family by being there for them rather than them looking at an epitaph that says "he died for his tools".
I've worked too hard for my family to throw it all away for some borrowed notions of bravery or righteousness. Vans and tools can be replaced, but people can't.
I would like to think that under such circumstances my epitaph would read "he died for his deeply-held beliefs and principles" rather than "he died for his tools".

I've never allowed anyone to walk all over me and bend me to their will, least of all criminal scum. I'm not one for backing down. Sometimes you just have to make a stand even when the odds appear to be stacked against you.:)

Bit late to the party on this thread but have you thought about putting small tracking deivces in your mft or conceal it in say a tool box. most mfts have a nice cavity inside that a tracker can be concealed in.
I know a plumber who had a dead battery for his makita kit, put a tracker inside the case, left it in his tool box.
His van was broken into and hey presto tracker led him right to the tools, he was outside the house and called the plod, told them if they dont arrive in next 5 minutes he will go in and use any necessary force to retrieve his property. they turned up asap arrested the people and he got his kit back. turns out the culprits were known thieves and the house was full of stolen tools and kit.

I thought of something like that, but where do you get a tracker like that, that isn’t horrendously expensive.

Thinking a SIM card involved so it can text you where it is?

That is a good idea! Trackers have come down in price a lot over the last few years! You can get sim cards set up for them as well that aren't silly money. I have a mate who has a fleet of vans and uses them I think he paid less than £100 each for the units.

I thought of something like that, but where do you get a tracker like that, that isn’t horrendously expensive.

Thinking a SIM card involved so it can text you where it is?

one of these should do the trick either inside the case of a tool or tester or in a toolbox concealed in somewhere. not too pricey either

Reply to Another van broken into. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock