Discuss 12th December - on the horizon. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I dont suppose you fancy a trip to sunny dorset to give us a hand do you? 07866 777 474

Scaffold is going up on the last install tomorrow morning and were following up to get the roof work started. We can't get the stock we need for other jobs we have won so have decided to call it a day.

If I had the time, I definitely would. Unfortunately we have just started wading into the mass of paperwork. I need to get most of it done before my trip to Lanzarote on the 15th.

Yeah agree with powervan - rent a roof will carry on till march at least... returns are still there i believe but the confidence to buy is not. We are not getting many domestic enquires anymore and those we are getting are not serious enough to invest too much time in.

The c-rated stuff will kill it off - we'll start doing other technologies, wholesale, and i'll go back to gas and coal, just to keep things ticking over till things pick up again.

my father is building a small jam factory his land. it will have ground source heat pumps, BIPV on the south, with thin film on the north.. A thermal unit, air source heat pumps, rain water storage, maybe CHP, and a small wind turbine on the roof if planning allows. It will be the most overspeced building you will ever see, as it is only 5mx14.... But that is jan... before that it will be holidays, holidays holidays....

my father is building a small jam factory his land. it will have ground source heat pumps, BIPV on the south, with thin film on the north.. A thermal unit, air source heat pumps, rain water storage, maybe CHP, and a small wind turbine on the roof if planning allows. It will be the most overspeced building you will ever see, as it is only 5mx14.

Love it!

We have no installs planned or pending after this week, not even getting any enquiries. Carrilion are laying off virtually all their staff, installers CV`s are landing in my inbox daily. We are not sure whether to continue with PV next year. We will diversify into other areas. As a company we will survive , PV to us is just a bolt on to our business. Tis a pity though to knock it on the head.

ONE good thing lads!! scrap value BONKERS took 10 builders sacks of bits of t/e bit of swa bit of pipe bit of alley £950 SPONDOOOOLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!perhaps i best get scaffolds down on last 2 jobs before it all dissapears!! then again if its stolen i spose its a replace like for like SO PERHAPS WE NEED TO ENCOURAGE pikies to get into solar so we have work in new yr:)

Good God we never get anything like that! That will make up for some fo those failed deliveries ... might stretch to half a trip to San fran ...

Remember "rent a roof" schemes will also loose the TAX breaks, so I think they will slip away....Just waiting for the confirmation of the ACTUAL rate post Dec 12th, and for customers to realise the next BIG hurdle will be the EPC.....

Reply to 12th December - on the horizon. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock