Discuss Acorn 180 stairlift - Problem. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi Ale,
I'm Fabio nice to meet you,
I'm the Quality Controller of Acorn Italy and I can help you.
Maybe you're seeing code Y3 and need a new programming.
If you want, you can contact me with post Reply or call us at number 800624301, we'll really happy to help you.

hello Fabio, thank you if there is a procedure that I can do and you can refer me I would be grateful.

Good morning I'm Italian I have a problem with this stairlift, it has completely shut down and I managed to bring it manually to the charging point only that now does not go down anymore, probably it should be programmed know the procedure?
The electronic board has no switch is the T565 model. This is link of the pcb board:

Acorn 180 T565 PCB Board from working Stairlift | eBay - https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Acorn-180-T565-PCB-Board-from-working-Stairlift/302915135573?hash=item4687262855:g:FI0AAOSw8MZbvNyO
I strongly advise against trying to reset the PCB.
The Acorn 180 has positional programs and remembers where it is on the track.
This is because it needs to know when to engage the chair levelling motor.
I had a simialr problem with my father's chair. It went flat off a charge point. I had to manually wind it to the charge point.
Once it was charged it tilted at the wrong points on the track. It "remembered" where it was, and manually moving it upset it's programmed sequence.
I had to turn off the chair and manually wind it back to where it originally went flat and re-level it.
Remember, you have to turn it off at the charge point and wind from there.
Once you do that the chair will engage the levelling motor at the correct points on the track.
You may need to fine tune it by driving the chair to a point where the levelling motor starts.
Stop it at that point, and turn it off. Then use the manual winder on the track motor (not the levelling motor).
Wind the chair to the point on the track where the amount of levelling motor is correct for the track position. i.e the seat is horizontal.
Once you have done this the chair should do all the correct levelling actions at the correct positions on the track.
My concern is that if you succeed in resetting the PCB you will lose all the levelling programming and make this a much bigger task.
Hope this helps.

Hi Ale,
I'm Fabio nice to meet you,
I'm the Quality Controller of Acorn Italy and I can help you.
Maybe you're seeing code Y3 and need a new programming.
If you want, you can contact me with post Reply or call us at number 800624301, we'll really happy to help you.
How can I get in contact with you Fabio I'm in New Jersey USA do you have an email I can reach you on here is mine [email protected]

Hello..thanks for the welcome to this board .. There are posts here that can destroy the OSG by improper hand-winding. Its in the Model 180 Service Manual. Second, there are several versions of the 180. Have a video on Bitchute explaining most of these versions. Since making that video, have programmed yet another 180 version that is not listed even by Acorn. This Acorn prototype(?) can be seen in a video titled, Amateur Builds $20K 4-Bend Curved Stairlift With $1K of Parts. The point here is that programming advice and error codes are model-specific.
Rob's Repairs in Vancouver. 604 . five one two .9567 phone or text anytime.

Reply to Acorn 180 stairlift - Problem. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net