Discuss Car horn issue help need or fixer in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
OK guys got mk6 tdi cr 1.6, added mfsw using correct clock ring and module, horn worked fine and so does the mfsw, after about 3 mths horn stopped working, checked horn direct to battery sounded, changed steering back, clock ring and module, no sound, fuse 17 fine, told relays 646 brought new, no sound, put mfsw back on works fine, no horn, any ideas and r 646 correct relays, vw no help just say book it in, it's a Ls10 plate, live Woking if able to help with payment, or know good place to take thanks.

Can you check the horn feed from the mfsw with a multimeter?

How do I do that please? Also all worked fine after mfsw fitting. And on my mk5 tdi before hand, got about 3 modules spare and 5 clock rings all ending different letters.

Have you got a diagram showing connections?

No mate vw really made sure we need there help with mk6 onwards, thing I thought might be was wires under airbag not going to correct places, got old vagcom lead I tend to use, just not sure I've located correct relay was told 646 I have x2 changed both, got a diagram/fyse layout pics on phone if woukd like a look at that, cheers 4 help m8

Bit it did work, so the connections must be right. There must be a traceable fault. Could there be a loose connection or trapped wire? If you could do some voltage/continuity tests it could be useful

Done all I've wrote, plugged meter into horn connections nothing, but told coukd be earth, tmro I'll send vagcom error which might help you, need someone near Woking knows what doing exsept vw stealers lol

Done all I've wrote, plugged meter into horn connections nothing, but told coukd be earth, tmro I'll send vagcom error which might help you, need someone near Woking knows what doing exsept vw stealers lol

No idea on the vagcom side of things sorry. Is there continuity between the horn output from the mfsw and the relay?

Theres a fault somewhere and I can't see how you're going to trace it without some good old fashioned continuity testing.

Reply to Car horn issue help need or fixer in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net