Discuss Coloured "Henley blocks" from Lewden in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

pc1966

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Very rarely do I see any promotion that makes me think "Oh, I should get some of those!" but recent spam from Lewden was for 100A joining blocks in the 3P+N+E colours. TLC seem to have them (or at least will stock them soon):
They appear to have side guides to lock together which could help with a neat in-line installation, the Proteus ones have something similar but its a little plastic bit that often has fallen off. Has anyone had experience of the Lewden ones?

Edit: The link to TLC should take you there, but it gets replaced with text for 6181Y tails cable type!

Appeal of the Proteus connectors was a form of plastic which didn't resemble bakelite and also hex terminal screws. If Lewden managed to incorporate the above, then I'd happily buy them.

I've heard sparks complaining about those hex terminal screws, becasue they don't have hex allen keys (must keep up with abuse of brand names). What sort of electrician doesn't have hex keys in their box/bag?

Why are all service terminal blocks made upside down? More often than not, they are used to join three cables, and if I'm making holes in an enclosure containing 230 volts, I'd rather those holes were on the underside.

Edit: The link to TLC should take you there, but it gets replaced with text for 6181Y tails cable type!
I assume you just copied the link from the browser and pasted it in ?
If you use the link button (the two links of chain, roughly middle above the text entry box, you can paste in the link and manually specify the text that is to appear in the post. I suspect you can also edit it after the fact, but I haven't tried that.

As to the blocks, yes that's a nice development - pity they aren't red, blue, yellow, black though <ducks for cover>

As to the blocks, yes that's a nice development - pity they aren't red, blue, yellow, black though <ducks for cover>
Blue & black are there, just need red and yellow. I am sure that elsewhere in the world they are needed...also red has made a come-back in Table 51 for DC positive!

Sense at last! Cats and dogs living in harmony!

Reply to Coloured "Henley blocks" from Lewden in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock