• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Covid-19 How are we doing? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Anyone feeling unwell?

• I am as healthy as ever

Votes: 51 85.0%
  • I am unwell with suspected covid 19

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I have had it and recovered

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • A member of my family has had it or is currently unwell

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I know someone who has died from it

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

What’s the problem with traffic wardens working?
They can’t work from home, and they can work observing the distancing rules....
just because there’s a pandemic, doesn’t mean people can park where they like.
Down here, and any other city, they are just exploiting the situation parking is extremely limited and people normally at work at different times nights/shifts etc mean a fluid parking situation with no one at work that’s not the case so zero parking available....the council are well aware of this and are dropping van loads of the b£@&£?&£s every where all the time......profiteering I believe it’s called ?

Last edited:
I’m not traffic warden fan; but in my experience some people take the Micky. Apart from the one of exceeding your time slot in car parks by 5mins etc, I see no reason why people break the rules in other situations, parking on yellow lines, crossings etc. The rules are there for a reason.

......The rules are there for a reason.

And that reason is NOT profiteering.
People park wrong, there needs to be some deterrent.
fine them, they don’t pay, can’t afford it
Points on licence.... we need our car for work.... the get away with it, then go do it again..

if your house was on fire, or someone needed an ambulance.... you’de be annoyed if some cretin was parked illegally, blocking a junction or something.

On another note. Got an email yesterday from Admiral van insurance saying that they’re going to refund part of my premium.

can’t wait for that £25.00

let’s hope other insurance co. follow suit

What I don't understand with parking on single yellow lines... is that at certain times it's illegal for me to do it, but not if you have a Blue Badge. So... assuming that the parking restriction has been put there because they don't want anyone parking there... why do they then allow someone to park there ???

There's a junction near me that has single yellows up to it... also with a doctors/chemist right there too... it's always full of Blue Badged cars... so what's the point of the lines ???

single yellow lines usually indicate parking not allowed between certain times. e.g. 8am - 6pm. by our local shops, we've recently had double lines added. fair enough close to the junctions, but otherwise a pointless excercise. also, there's a parking bay for customers to 4 shops on a small parade. the slots are too narrow to open your doors, like with most supermarkets and retail parks. be OK if everyone drove smart cars.

They have just painted new double yellows down the end of my street this week - essential work?
Mind you, the parking here was awful, parking right up to and overlapping the junction to the more mainish road.

The guy across the road from me does Line painting.
It must be a lot easier and safer to do with less traffic.
He was working for the first 2 weeks of lockdown but has been at home since, he may just be off on holiday tho'.

The guy across the road from me does Line painting.
It must be a lot easier and safer to do with less traffic.
He was working for the first 2 weeks of lockdown but has been at home since, he may just be off on holiday tho'.
he's probably run out of road to paint.

This is the perfect time to be doing roadworks, if it can be done with the workers 2m apart...
That, and litter picking. Get the roadsides cleared.

my local is taking this opportunity to decorate while there’s no punters.

I know all this physical distancing malarkey is to help stop the spread of the virus (thus easing the NHS strain) but it all seems pretty mental to have closed down so many businesses, especially those where physical distancing is easier to do. I wanted a key made up the other day and it wouldn't have been hard for key makers to allow 1 person in at a time or something and keep themselves open like the supermarkets are.

As mentioned by the Scottish wench, supermarkets are possibly one of the last places left where large amounts of people can gather adding to the possibility of infection - thus wearing a mask in such places being advisable.

With a mask you're less likely to cough or sneeze out the droplets that pass on the lurgy and also keep you from poking at your own crevices where perhaps more than just the usual bacteria are lurking.

I also hate all the picking on people with activities that are almost a form of self-isolation in themselves like fishing. Who is a loan fisherman going to bother if they just sit/stand there next to a lake. I doesn't bother me at all and seems to have sent people mental about the most illogical of things - I blame the tabloids!

I think the concept, is to keep people’s contact with others to a minimum. Shopping for food is seen as essential, although buying bbq briquettes is probably not. Alcohol definitely is IMO.

Thus driving or cycling to your favourite fishing spot, has the potential to put you in contact with someone, where really there was no need to in the first place. I know a lot are going stir crazy, but the idea you go outside, is to get some essentials and a bit of exercis.

I don’t want to start a massive war over this, but when queuing outside at Tesco’s, for essential supplies such as the examples above... (cough alcohol)
We’re all standing on the dots Tesco laid down for us, because a lot of people don’t know what 2m looks like....

Could you please.... pretty please.... refrain from smoking in the queue?

I think golf is another one you could do physically distanced assuming you were being your own caddy. I'm not actually a fan of either golf or fishing, it's just that logically speaking you can keep your distance from others while doing them.

Any others we can add the list of distance sports? Shot put? Javelin? o_O

Reply to Covid-19 How are we doing? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back