Discuss Design Project unit 104 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello, I’m currently at college doing a design project which is based in a hotel/swimming pool area. I have been given an example but it doesn’t make to much. I have a question on how to wire the lighting and how to have it switched.

If someone can help that would be great. I can show you pictures of it and where I have placed my lights.

Show the pictures when you are asking.
No point of asking wether to ask a question, you might as well ask the question

See attached pictures, I have place my lighting. (Rough copy) but not sure the best way to wire it and not sure about the switching. The example that was given to me had contactors. But not sure if that’s the best way to wire this? So if anyone is able to help that is great. ( lighting still confuses me )

See attached pictures, I have place my lighting. (Rough copy) but not sure the best way to wire it and not sure about the switching. The example that was given to me had contactors. But not sure if that’s the best way to wire this? So if anyone is able to help that is great. ( lighting still confuses me )

Attachments

• Design Project unit 104 7D3CC2A6-79F5-4772-BCE3-C815650731A7 - EletriciansForums.net
    7D3CC2A6-79F5-4772-BCE3-C815650731A7.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Design Project unit 104 B8953F1D-1AEC-4B15-8605-987B8AB83392 - EletriciansForums.net
    B8953F1D-1AEC-4B15-8605-987B8AB83392.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 110
I will be going now, But before you deal with wiring it figure out the specifications of lights and emergency lighting.
Whether your lighting has only one mode or multiple.
Are you dimming, going smart or switching more lights when brighter s needed
In general in restaurants you don't want lighting to be too strong, for people sitting, while you might need it stronger latter for cleaning.
Consider The entry and exit route of the staff needing light.
Type of the area where premises are located. There are areas where you want to keep switches away from pesky kids messing about, while in another areas this isn't a problem.
only then you need to consider actual wiring.
As of changing rooms toilet, think of light switches as safety and maintenance only, do not expect customers/guests to look for them/use them. (sensors are common, but cause trouble in toilets) so check the diference between PIR and occupancy.
Deal with these things first, wiring will be the easy part afterwards

I will be going now, But before you deal with wiring it figure out the specifications of lights and emergency lighting.
In general in restaurants you don't want lighting to be too strong, for people sitting, while you might need it stronger latter for cleaning.
Type of the area where premises are located. There are areas where you want to keep switches away from pesky kids messing about, while in another areas this isn't a problem.
As of changing rooms toilet, think of light switches as safety and maintenance only, do not expect customers/guests to look for them/use them. (sensors are common, but cause trouble in toilets) so check the diference between PIR and occupancy.
Thanks for the information, but I have already done the part prior to that question. I have selected my lighting. To be honest they don’t request much from the actual lighting it can be pretty basic.
lighting has been figured out, just need help with the wiring

Hello, I’m currently at college doing a design project which is based in a hotel/swimming pool area. I have been given an example but it doesn’t make to much. I have a question on how to wire the lighting and how to have it switched.

If someone can help that would be great. I can show you pictures of it and where I have placed my lights.
Hi mate have you finished your project
I just start doing it know but I’m lost . Can I ask you some questions if you don’t mind thanks

Reply to Design Project unit 104 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock