Discuss EAL experienced worker in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve been working as an electrical engineer for the past 11 years for manufacturing companies and recently decided to go self employed. I’ve tried joining NAPIT & NIC because my nvq3 is in maintenance they won’t accept it and say I need to do the experienced worker qualification, am2 & initial verification if I applied last year they would of accepted me on board. But am looking close to £4k to gain these.

My qualifications-

C&G 2330 level 2

EAL nvq3 extended apprenticeship electrical maintenance

BTEC level 4 HNC electrical engineering

C&G 18th edition wiring regs

Has anybody here completed the experienced worker route, as I’m limited to what jobs I can carry out due to not being able to self certify work I’m worried I won’t be able to gather sufficient evidence for the portfolio? I spoke to an assessor he said 2 big jobs ie full house rewires would be ok…. But obviously without certification with BC I can’t carry out these kind of jobs.

Any info on the portfolio would be appreciated, I feel because of the recent changes with the citeria for cps schemes I’m now completely stuck.

Thanks

Im working through the 2346 nvq with xs training who sponsor the forum. Havent done much in fairness as I have been so busy with wedding, honeymoon, illness that has meant i couldnt give it much attention.

you get recognition for your 18th and if you do your 2391-52 that ticks some units off aswell.

I would get in touch with @XS Training

Reply to EAL experienced worker in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net