Discuss Gonna give this a whirl (wickes Vde screwdrivers set) in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I had about 14 quid on an old wickes gift card which I found (I forgot I had it) so brought this with it

I won’t hold my breath that it will last long but never the less I’m tempted to see how much use It will withstand

Bad move. I bought one a few years ago. I used it once and put it away thinking why, just why??

they effectively cost me nothing as I had about 14 quids worth of an old credit receipt , if they are a load of carp then will end up on fleabay for a tenner

Looks like the Chinese copycat ones that were on Amazon a while back for £5.

At least if it kills you you can take it back to Wickes.??
Well not you obviously, but the beneficiaries of your estate and if I was them I'd be wanting a full cash refund, not another voucher.

i bought one of the aldi sets. £6.99. had loads of abuse, prising floorboards, chiselling mortar, still not managed to chip or break one.

Some of these cheapo sets really are hit n miss
I tried a Homebase set of Vde drivers which were dog crap
But a wilkos special set of Vde drivers which have been okay
normally it’s the PZ of ph which rounds off first on the cheapo sets

I would never buy or use a cheap pozi screwdriver. Just not worth it. It'll either wear out prematurely, damage screw heads, or be a poor fit.

I have been using this set for over 3 weeks now and I must say I’m rather impressed . I have only used for electrical terminations , and light jobs but so far are holding up quite well

I still have a couple of Aldi specials that have lasted well - and good for making holes for plugs, etc without caring.... Only time I ever splashed out on a screwdriver was a Klein for socket screws - and even that doesn't fit them all properly...

There is nothing like a decent case - and with the Wickes ones, that is indeed looks nothing like a decent case ?

No PZ though? Made for a different market perhaps?

I still have a couple of Aldi specials that have lasted well - and good for making holes for plugs, etc without caring.... Only time I ever splashed out on a screwdriver was a Klein for socket screws - and even that doesn't fit them all properly...

There is nothing like a decent case - and with the Wickes ones, that is indeed looks nothing like a decent case ?

No PZ though? Made for a different market perhaps?
the wickes are rebranded draper. and the £20 set has a PZ2.

I have had the same set, I found the slotted ones didn't last long they seemed to twist and then cam out and mine only had Phillips head no pozi so that was the end of that set once the slotted ones were no good!

I had about 14 quid on an old wickes gift card which I found (I forgot I had it) so brought this with it

I won’t hold my breath that it will last long but never the less I’m tempted to see how much use It will withstand
Why do they still insist on adding those crappy mains testers, bloody things are dangerous.
But I bet you go too McDonalds. ?
I like their coffee, plus if I order through their App I get two free cups for every six I buy.

i bought one of the aldi sets. £6.99. had loads of abuse, prising floorboards, chiselling mortar, still not managed to chip or break one.
I bought a set too for around the house and the like. They have stood up to hard work for a few years now on the jobs that you would not to use your good gear.

Reply to Gonna give this a whirl (wickes Vde screwdrivers set) in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock