Discuss Hello from St Helens in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good evening all, I have been browsing the forums for a while and think its time to introduce myself. I am 48 years old, time served electrician, JIB technician, qualified ONC in electrical engineering, 16th edition and C&G 2391 certified. Since completing my apprenticeship i have worked in electrical contracting (cards in) on projects around the country covering multiple industry and commercial sectors. I am currently a project manager running data installation projects in London, it pays the bills and and I am still with the same company (25 years service award this year). However, the electrical work is drying up, margins are too low.
I am under threat of redundancy and was thinking of trying my hand in the domestic / small commercial market. I am up to date with regs and have experience from single dwellings to petro-chem installations.I will be booking 17th as soon as I have time at home. Any advice from the forum will be appreciated.

Regards

Welcome to the forum, I hope your job stays in place, changing when forced is always difficult and in these times can be nigh on impossible.
You will need to get your 17th qualification, but if you are up to date with the regs then you should be able to just take the exam only.

Reply to Hello from St Helens in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello to anyone reading this . I am from the HVAC trade been working with 3 phase and controls for the last 20 years . Started my electrical...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I am looking at gaining electrical qualifications in order to do installations and self certify ect. My background is...
Replies
Views
Hello, thanks for letting me join up. I am a former Merchant Navy electro-technical officer and current (no pun) Electrical design engineer for a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I just thought I'd say hello since I am new to this forum. I am looking for a complete career change and am set on becoming an...
Replies
Views
Hello. Millenial here who started electrical apprenticeship a bit too late, from Vancouver, Canada. I am looking to build up skills for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock