Discuss Hi all from aspiring electrician in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I thought to make a post, I came just to ask questions but been reading more of the forum and learnt lots of useful and good things, decided I should stick around, learn more and probably annoy people with more questions. I’m Ayla from east Cambridgeshire, hoping to become an electrician of some kind, still not sure what yet.

Currently I do DIY around mine/others houses and also cars, again both mine and friends/family. I prefer taking my time doing a good job vs. rushing.

I have a weird OCD, I like components, especially unseen bits, to click nice and sweetly together and be “comfortable” if that doesn’t sound really weird🤣…I feel bad sealing something up if components have had to be forced together🤨

Other than that am a nerd I like video games computers and tech also play guitar and like keeping fit. I love my car, modified supercharged 2005 Mini Cooper S, I have taken it to Snetterton 3 times but despite the Mini I’m most interested in Japanese cars. Thanks for having me😃

Immediately thought of Electric Vehicle maintenance..... I have recently put a damaged Leaf back together and was surprised how little knowledge is out there, in fact , alot of the car trade are a little scared/reluctant with EVs , yet second hand or damaged they are as cheap as chips.
Apart from DNOs who need shed loads of electric techs, somewhere/somehow, there needs to be an army of EV techs , there is no way the OEMs are going to keep them on the road by themselves....

Hi, I thought to make a post, I came just to ask questions but been reading more of the forum and learnt lots of useful and good things, decided I should stick around, learn more and probably annoy people with more questions. I’m Ayla from east Cambridgeshire, hoping to become an electrician of some kind, still not sure what yet.

Currently I do DIY around mine/others houses and also cars, again both mine and friends/family. I prefer taking my time doing a good job vs. rushing.

I have a weird OCD, I like components, especially unseen bits, to click nice and sweetly together and be “comfortable” if that doesn’t sound really weird🤣…I feel bad sealing something up if components have had to be forced together🤨

Other than that am a nerd I like video games computers and tech also play guitar and like keeping fit. I love my car, modified supercharged 2005 Mini Cooper S, I have taken it to Snetterton 3 times but despite the Mini I’m most interested in Japanese cars. Thanks for having me😃

Don't worry - that's not weird OCD, it's good sound engineering.

Immediately thought of Electric Vehicle maintenance..... I have recently put a damaged Leaf back together and was surprised how little knowledge is out there, in fact , alot of the car trade are a little scared/reluctant with EVs , yet second hand or damaged they are as cheap as chips.
Apart from DNOs who need shed loads of electric techs, somewhere/somehow, there needs to be an army of EV techs , there is no way the OEMs are going to keep them on the road by themselves....
Had the pleasure of fitting several large chargers and different dealers and I’ve found there is an absolute abundance of ev techs in both car and commercial vehicle dealers. After speaking to them out of interest on site the problem seems to be they have very little to do because the cars are so new very like has gone wrong and the commercial side is nearly non existent at the minute. All were already mechanics before ev training and all are sceptical of whether it really is the long term solution.

Had the pleasure of fitting several large chargers and different dealers and I’ve found there is an absolute abundance of ev techs in both car and commercial vehicle dealers. After speaking to them out of interest on site the problem seems to be they have very little to do because the cars are so new very like has gone wrong and the commercial side is nearly non existent at the minute. All were already mechanics before ev training and all are sceptical of whether it really is the long term solution.

All dealerships will have trained technicians, but people buying older, used cars might want to pay lower rates, generally offered by independant garages, and this is where lack of knowledge about the particulars of EVs is likely to exist at this time.

Hi again everyone and thank you.

I had not thought about EV tech, thats an interesting idea. I am not dismissing anything yet. Without wanting to get too debatey I share the doubt that EVs are the future, not saying oil is the future either just unsure about EVs as the solution. Maybe wrong of course and of course plenty of EVs already on the road that are only going to get older and require maintenance!

I hope for a varied challenging job where the work environment is good. I suppose everyone wants that though.😆 I guess what I have up my sleeve is I don’t have any salary expectation. I think I am capable of better than what I’m currently doing (menial minimum wage work). It’s not that I desire more money (although that’s nice), I want to better myself and make use of my skills which I think are being wasted if that doesn’t sound arrogant. I have been told that working for a public service may fit me as apparently they pay less but are better to work for?

I have found a good sounding apprenticeship with the NHS which I am quite tempted to apply for. They seem to have quite a strict selection process but you have to try?

I have found a good sounding apprenticeship with the NHS which I am quite tempted to apply for. They seem to have quite a strict selection process but you have to try?
Definitely try it.

If unsuccessful see if they give you any feedback, but always remember what it is like to be one the selection panel, as you get lots of applicants, and a fair portion are good enough, so you often have to turn down folks on minor stuff just because there are 5-10 good enough but only 1 job, etc. So don't take rejection personally.

Reply to Hi all from aspiring electrician in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock