Discuss Ignition wiring ride on mower in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a MTD mower with the model number of 13CD768N670,

The deck is 40", and is a rear shute. The motor is Briggs & Stratton.

My issue is turning the mower from a key start to a push button start. I have been searching the internet for a wiring diagram,

but so far unsuccessful. On occasion I come across a diagram that looks really similar but as soon as I go to my mower

and hook it up the way it says, nothing happens. I have done bench testing of the solenoid, and switches and all seem to

be working fine. I have also tested for continuity on the diode and any wires that need it, all tests come up as working. I have

also checked the wires for any damage or wear and they come up fine, I have also contact cleaned all the plugs on the safety

switches to gain proper contact. The battery has enough charge in it to start it. I also have an image of the wiring diagram that

I have drawn up of how it is is connected.

Can anyone shed some light on my issue??

Attachments

• IMG-0708.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 6

Reply to Ignition wiring ride on mower in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, im currently trying to start my new big block chev in a chevelle but having issues.. im a full novice on electrics so be gentle ! The...
Replies
Views
I have an interesting starter circuit issue on a 2001 Toyota Celica (that won't start). If I have the starter out and have the main positive...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, New to the forum but hoping I can find a little help with my restoration project... I am adding a secondary wiring "system" to my...
Replies
Views
Hi there…I’m hoping that someone may be able to help me identify an electrical part of my ignition. For reference I have a 1964 Toyota FJ40 with a...
Replies
Views
Hi, there are 3 bundles of wires coming from my ceiling and I've been told they have been tested with a multimeter and have all got a current but...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock