Discuss Indoor outdoor wire for indoor to outdoor back indoor in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I need to run a electric wire from the garage to outside against the house and back into the kitchen for a stove can I just use a outdoor wire and strap it to the house siding our do I need a conduit.

Cable needs to be specified for the worst environment it passes through.

I need to run a electric wire from the garage to outside against the house and back into the kitchen for a stove can I just use a outdoor wire and strap it to the house siding our do I need a conduit.
I guess my question is why are you feeding the stove from the garage. Please be more specific. The NEC states that if the wire is subject to physical damage then it is required to be in conduit. As stated above the wire needs to be approved for wet locations.

Reactions: DPG
I guess my question is why are you feeding the stove from the garage. Please be more specific. The NEC states that if the wire is subject to physical damage then it is required to be in conduit. As stated above the wire needs to be approved for wet locations.
The breaker panel is in the garage currently no 220 outlet for an electric stove we currently use a gas stove so want to run the wire to outside and over to kitchen. I have a raised ranch so kitchen is on upper level

my choice would be SWA, suitably cleated and glanded at both ends. Using the armour as cpc or having a separate cpc

Reply to Indoor outdoor wire for indoor to outdoor back indoor in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I've been planning to fit an outdoor junction box at the front of my house to hide a large brickwork hole and properly house the wiring...
Replies
Views
Forgive me if this is easy to search - I was not able to find anything obvious here or on YouTube. I've got an outdoor circuit that has failed...
Replies
Views
Mobile home outdoor power supply is a pedestal that power to the mobile home plugs in much like an RV. The main power supply into the mobile home...
Replies
Views
I guess there are a thousand question like this, but I couldn't quite get if I can do this myself or need an electrician. I have a garage...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - Beginners Guide to Positive Input Ventilation (PIV) Units: A Solution to Indoor Air Quality Woes A guide to Positive Input...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock