Discuss IT IS NOT WORTH IT! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Arghhhhhh!!!!

OZEV!!!!! Arghhhhhh!!!!

A RIDICULOUS amount of paperwork and bureaucracy involved with claiming the £350 for fitting an EVCP!!! Arghhhh!!!!

I am not going to do any more.... ever!

I shall get to the end of this one and never do another one! Two hours spent completing just ONE of the MANY forms, whilst trying to get all the miniscule details from the customer. During which time, 2 four month old kittens were continuously jumping on my laptop keyboard, breaking bowls and climbing up the curtains!!! Jeez, what a Fxxxing day.

I am now drinking beer.

Kitten.jpg

Last edited:
Arghhhhhh!!!!

OZEV!!!!! Arghhhhhh!!!!

A RIDICULOUS amount of paperwork and bureaucracy involved with claiming the £350 for fitting an EVCP!!! Arghhhh!!!!

I am not going to do any more.... ever!

I shall get to the end of this one and never do another one! Two hours spent completing just ONE of the MANY forms, whilst trying to get all the miniscule details from the customer. During which time, 2 four month old kittens were continuously jumping on my laptop keyboard, breaking bowls and climbing up the curtains!!! Jeez, what a Fxxxing day.

I am now drinking beer.

You havent had OZEV reject it for a missing signature or date yet! then you can get annoyed...

The answer is EV Comply!

I was abit sceptical to begin with but it speeds things up. completing forms, taking photos, evidence are all done in 1 app.

It does it all via digital forms. yes you pay £20 per job for using the portal but as i typically do around 10-15 a month it simplifies the workload. not all these are ozev funded but for those that are the fee is worth it for the time it saves me. I reckon each £20 spent saves around an hour per job/grant claim.

I have had to manually scan and upload 20 clams before now. foolishly left it until end of month to process it rather than do it as i go. after each job, never again.

PS @HappyHippyDad since you are up the road from Zummerset - if you get any ev enquiries send them my way! especially if you are leaving the OZEV merry go round.

I should add that less people doing them under the grant then the better for myself. As i have seen a few people fit them locally then stop as they dont like waiting for the money from ozev and the cash flow cripples them. I am currently owed just over 10k by OZEV! A lot of smaller firms cant manage it. Very fortunate in that i have the finances to focus on the ev game.

Ha! My email to them Wednesday this week!

Lifes too short to be effectively bankrolling their charge point scheme for them
Too much other work going on at the moment, I’ll just wait until the grant ends I think and pick it up from there

I was so pi#£&d off with them I put OLEV instead of OZEV

Attachments

• 169FBD86-4E05-4AFF-8200-269DDF73E4E0.jpeg
    706.7 KB · Views: 47
I still haven’t fitted an EV charger, I completed the course last year and probably get 1 enquiry a week. The local firms near me have all stopped installing under the OZEV scheme for exactly the same reasons.

Even spent the £19 to download the IET digital risk assessment PDF

I should add that less people doing them under the grant then the better for myself. As i have seen a few people fit them locally then stop as they dont like waiting for the money from ozev and the cash flow cripples them. I am currently owed just over 10k by OZEV! A lot of smaller firms cant manage it. Very fortunate in that i have the finances to focus on the ev game.
So how long will you have to wait to get that £10k and how much do you charge the customer for financing their under payment

I'll have to check my notes, but to get the grant, the charger has to be for a purely electric car, not a plug-in hybrid?
That kind of narrows down the customer demographic somewhat

So how long will you have to wait to get that £10k and how much do you charge the customer for financing their under payment
Averages around 45-60 days from grant submission at end of month charger was installed. Each charger is £350.00. Within my mark up and pricing is basically a 10% profit on that £350.00 to reflect the time to receive payment.. each month i submit another batch and get paid for a previous batch.

I have submitted the form (s)...

I spent another 4 hours this morning completing it, from 8am till 12!!

You have to send the following..

1. photos of install
2. DNO notification form.
3. Copy of email to DNO.
4. EIC
5. Grant claim form.
6. EVHS form
7. Cover letter for grant.

Horrible!!

My lad and I are now going to treat ourselves to dominoes and ice cream and I will slowly unwind ?

Of course, it's only been submitted, that's not to say they'll even accept it! ?

Reply to IT IS NOT WORTH IT! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock