Discuss Look! A noob! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

bum4evr

DIY
Reaction score
Heya all, newbie here. I can figure out some electrical issues I've had in the past, but I'm getting old and can't even remember what those colored plastic thingies you twist onto 2 wires to hold them together are called, so I just call them "twisties".

So anyhow, life started for me back in 1969, peanut crops were doing well, and my father owned a green cane that he bought from a mailman in Boston, now that mailman drove a Buick that only had one... oops, just read the TLDR part, I will get to the point. I have some lights and appliances that go off when others are turned on but requires a bit more explanation, can you point me to the right forum?

Thanks a lot. :)
Sean G

Probably wired in series. Welcome to the forum. If life started in 1969 I don't think you can claim to be old on this forum. You're just having a midlife crisis.
nah, he's used the wrong size twisties.

Welcome bum4evr (I was one-1 week- before I had a shave this morning )
If some appliances are fancy ,they may just shut off.
Do you have incandescent lights (Hot ones) that just go dim when the weirdness starts ?

Reply to Look! A noob! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net