• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Pirates in the Gulf of Aden in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

Forum Mentor
Been watching a documentary of the World's Navies addressing the problem of Somali Pirates, I see that the policy is, when they are attacking Merchant shipping, is to warn them with warning shots etc.
My view is, if they are committing Piracy on the high seas, why warn them? they know what they are doing is wrong, more than likely they will be sent back to wherever they come from, and start all over again.
I say blow the perishers up, sink their boats, what say you lot?

Spoon

Forum Mentor
A few Bushmaster rounds on target would do the job imo.
I had to Google that... Now that's a gun I wouldn't mind using.

Vortigern

Regular EF Member
Well it's nicer sinking the ship so you don't bushmaster them directly to death if you're a bit squeamish though.

Pete999

Forum Mentor
Well it's nicer sinking the ship so you don't bushmaster them directly to death if you're a bit squeamish though.
If you can't stand the heat don't work in the Kitchen, too many Snowflakes in this World, as KE once said "Bomb the Ba----ds.

Spoon

Forum Mentor
Kenny was brill..

Vortigern

Regular EF Member
Anyway let's face nowadays you can commit murder and get a community sentence they're hardly going to do what's needed the forces are constrained by an effeminate government that would rather our boys died than the offender.

spinlondon

Forum Mentor
Other thing you need to consider:
Is that the poor bugger who does just shoot the Pirates will be up on a charge in 4o years time.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
they're pirates. hang 'em from yardarm. trouble is then, save the childen will be on TV more to save their starving brats,

rapparee

Electrician's Arms
Anyway let's face nowadays you can commit murder and get a community sentence they're hardly going to do what's needed the forces are constrained by an effeminate government that would rather our boys died than the offender.
Iranian navy thwarts pirate attack on oil tanker: state TV - Reuters - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-tanker-piracy/iranian-navy-thwarts-pirate-attack-on-oil-tanker-state-tv-idUSKCN1QP11R

Well the Iranians aren't afraid to get stuck in

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.