Discuss slow down speed of AC FanCoil blower motor in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

ilcaa72

DIY
Reaction score
hello, i have a central AC Fan Coil with a 3 speed motor within my Condominium. I run the fan of low but find it blows too much air and produces too much noise when i run the AC (the motor works perfectly and doesnt make noise internally, just the rotation and airflow it produces for my samll condo unit) i just dont want to hear the central ac fan running so loud when ac is on

my question is what can i do to control/lower the speed of the blower motor (again, its a 3 speed motor and I only run it on low)

would adding a resistor inline do the trick? is there a device that can run between my 120Volt wire and the low speed wire on my blower motor?

its a 120Volt, 1/5 HP 3 speed ECM motor

any ideas would be appreciated

Reply to slow down speed of AC FanCoil blower motor in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

i had a 3 speed blow motor to an AC fan coil unit. I disconnected the wiring and installed a new unit and forgot how the wiring goes, i no expert...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a project I have been working on, that has me out of my depth with regard to my knowledge, as I am a very basic electronic hobbies...
Replies
Views
Has anyone taken apart their & self repaired it? 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT - Mileage: 112223 - DTCs - P0480 cooling fan. Also codes in TIPM...
Replies
Views
Mileage: 112223 - DTCs - P0480 cooling fan. Also codes in TIPM P0691, P0692 for cooling fan control circuit. Tests/Procedures Performed: 1...
Replies
Views
Hi Forum Members I have a 4 pole single phase 240VAC 315 watt motor from a central heating heating system that I think is bad. It's the room fan...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock