Discuss Unsatisfactory EICR?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well then that's a load 9f ******** in my opinion.
I'd ask them to re-do the report with a proper description of the problem they have identified.
I think it's ironic that they're quoting 18th edition regs, at the same time writing the report on out of date forms. They state complies with BS3671:2008 revised 2015. Aren't the new forms as revised 2018?

I did, and they managed to get me in same day. About £140
Sorry, about an hour and a half. Had all the kit.
I've read I. The ESC guides that if supplemental bonding can't be seen ( in my case under the bath) then they do a continuity check which has to be <0.05ohm. didn't see him do that, he was happy when I showed him the cert from the sparky who fitted the shower pump.under the bath.

On the basis of the photo of that CU I cannot believe there aren't more observations listed, if I got that EICR as a buyer I would be sending my own electrician around. I normally get instructed by the buyer not the seller!

Does the cooker circuit have a socket outlet on the plate?

If not It shouldnt really be a c2 because the lighting and cooker circuits are not rcd protected, as it was pre-regulation
Should be c3 with recommendation to upgrade surely

Looks like you've had a visit from the in the van testers. Should've taken half a day at least if done to the letter, t will not have been carried out with the attention they require. From what we can see here though he may be correct regarding the c2 for lack of supplementary bonding. Easy solution is to replace the bathroom lighting mcb for an rcbo.

Reply to Unsatisfactory EICR?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone Sorry if it's a repeated question tho. Agents followed me a failed visual EICR which has C2 for lack of RCD on cooker circuit and...
Replies
Views
Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to look at this report as the customer has been given (in their words) 'A very high quote plus VAT'. It doesn't look well...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon All Currently doing an EICR on common parts of a big site with multiple blocks. All blocks have outside garden spike lighting in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a property that I was looking to rent out. Its 12 years old property so relatively new. I had a EICR done from a qualified electrican...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock