Discuss Veto Pro Pac - Worth the Money? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

As an example here are the contents of my MC,
(Meters and voltage probes all live in the meterbag so it's just the hand tools pictured that go in the MC and meterbag clips on the side)

It's full but not rammed, most items are to hand but I do have to take some items out to access others sometimes

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210809-124319_Gallery.jpg
    676.2 KB · Views: 61
As an example here are the contents of my MC,
(Meters and voltage probes all live in the meterbag so it's just the hand tools pictured that go in the MC and meterbag clips on the side)

It's full but not rammed, most items are to hand but I do have to take some items out to access others sometimes

Amazing the number of spanners an electrician needs

I have the Tech XL and a TPB4.
Worth every penny and more.

I think from memory I got mine from the same website Tel linked to.

I use a TP-XL for my 2nd fix/call out stuff... and love it !

(Only 10mm & 13mm spanners... but I do carry an adjustable)

Right now....use your money to buy good screwdrivers and cutters etc House them all in a stanley tote from toolfix . Gucci bags can come later

Ive got a Stanley Backpack, but last year one of the vans got broken into. I had my power tools taken along with the engineer I was with. I then managed to find my bag dumped and not in the best condition tbh. I then spent a year building up my tools and replacing the power tools. Bearing in mind what I earn.

But the bag is on its last legs. Rather than buy the same one again. I thought out maybe a decent bag. Some people sell used ones which are a good as new on eBay and Facebook Marketplace.

Screwfix have an 18" Fatmax tote bag on offer for £19.99. Won't carry everything, but would hold hand tools for a while at a very reasonable price.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/stanley-fatmax-hard-base-tool-bag-18/76628

When you're ready and certain which Veto is best, they'll still be available to buy.

Screwfix have an 18" Fatmax tote bag on offer for £19.99. Won't carry everything, but would hold hand tools for a while at a very reasonable price.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/stanley-fatmax-hard-base-tool-bag-18/76628

When you're ready and certain which Veto is best, they'll still be available to buy.

I had one of those too. That was stolen and never recovered. I think for an everyday carry it wouldn’t work.

TP5B for grab bag along with MFT bag, will give enough for a reactive job. Got a Stanley dual access for thr others and a bucket for everything else, must buy a rolling workshop ?

buckets are useful up a ladder. bit of 20mm steel conduit through a rung and bucket hung on.

I've had my tech-xl about 5 years, no issues with it other than it's a bit big so can be pretty heavy. I recently picked up a tp4b so I can just load up with job specific tools (if on a jobbing day) so that saves lugging the big fecker about.

I have tried a few tote bags and the winner is Veto TB5 one. It holds all the hand tools I need to work up ladders and do a call out with my MFT. I can use the shoulder strap as a holder for the bag. I use a Klein bigger tote bag for my drills and heavy stuff which I usually leave in the van untill I need it on a job. I also use the fatmax to tote other rarely used tools. I bought a cheapy tote at Denmans (£12) which lasted all of two weeks and tools just made holes in it. Another tote which was Edmundsons had an annoying habit of "leaning" forward when carrying and tools often falling out. At least they sorted that problem with the Veto. I like having all my tools and containers just so. The Veto is very heavy duty and at £40 squids hardly breaks the bank. So far (year) it still looks like new. Everything is accessible in it. The one thing that does annoy me with it is the velcro front pocket, you need a lot of strength to open it! It has a band of about 6" x 3" velcro which has a lot of sticking power.
It very much depends on the kind of work you do really. For what I do a small tote bag is perfect for most operations. And where I used to try to carry all my tools in one large case and developed bigger kintekis I realised I could lighten my load by rationalising exactly what I needed for each operation I do.

I forgot to add, what drew me to the Veto was the pockets/layout. Bordering on OCD, everything being in it's own little pocket helps me sleep at night. No more having to empty half a tote out to find that 2.5mm screwdriver which always works it's way to the bottom. Also means you can tell at a glance if something's missing.

If you do decide to buy one make sure it's off one of Veto's approved sellers. I bought my tech-xl from Amazon at the time and Veto wouldn't allow me to apply for the extended warranty.

Reply to Veto Pro Pac - Worth the Money? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net