Discuss Best rechargeable hand torch in the world...i think... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

PEG

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Couldn't help it...been looking for a rechargeable torch,that would double as a work light,mounted off a magnet/spring clamp,when needed. Got a LedLenser X7R,and it's shockingly good. Could not believe how small it was (even though i had the dimensions before ordering:willy_nilly: ) it has to be the brightest torch for its size,half power being plenty for fixed use. Magnetic charge coupler is groovy,and focusing is quick,too. Has a range of charge options,and can be "programmed" using ingenious one button. It comes with a 5 year warranty,but i think it stands more chance of being chorred,than breaking. Anywho...off to bin 90% of the X7R's predecessors...:stooge_curly:

Couldn't help it...been looking for a rechargeable torch,that would double as a work light,mounted off a magnet/spring clamp,when needed. Got a LedLenser X7R,and it's shockingly good. Could not believe how small it was (even though i had the dimensions before ordering:willy_nilly: ) it has to be the brightest torch for its size,half power being plenty for fixed use. Magnetic charge coupler is groovy,and focusing is quick,too. Has a range of charge options,and can be "programmed" using ingenious one button. It comes with a 5 year warranty,but i think it stands more chance of being chorred,than breaking. Anywho...off to bin 90% of the X7R's predecessors...:stooge_curly:
thats good, are you going to buy a head torch next?

i picked up a makita one to use as a worklight (uses the 18v 1830 batteries)

it works but cant change brightness but at the same time 22mins to fully charge

i really like my led lensor but the batteries are always flat when i go to use it (i need some better aa bateries, i think i might mod it)

Good idea,i have had a couple of previous torches apart,most recently,a Ring Led paddle lamp,i replaced the power pack with cells of a better grade,and slightly larger capacity,and it has been ok since. I have a head torch,but it came with a mini PIR on the front,which in theory,means a quick wave of the hand turns it on and off. This is useful,until you are in close proximity to obstacles,such as sub-floor joists...it then becomes an infuriating strobe! I have hobbled it with a piece of opaque tape,which really,its' cost should have precluded... You can pick your batteries according to required use,either long standby for intermittent use,or high output with constant cycling,but the good news is just what the new range of rechargeable cells are capable of,as youngsters,we joked about cordless chainsaws,grinders and chopsaws...now we are using them! In the eighties,i regularly used a Te72 hilti for 16mm anchors in brick,a huge lump that i still own. I can do 4 off a ladder with my new Hilti 14V SFH,and it fits in a tool holster.

Sod all this messing aboot with batteries ...... This is what you need:

stock-footage-timelapse-of-candle-burning-down-in-old-fashioned-brass-candle-holder.jpg

The youngster who assists me from time to time would LOVE that yoke...he collects paraffin blowlamps,amongst other curiosities...i think he is Mr.Dibnah reincarnated :stooge_curly:

That looks like a more sensible cost, I cannot justify over £100 for a torch:eek:mg_smile:.
I bet the XM-L T6 is not 2000lm out of a 10W chip, not unless the torch is so hot you can't hold it!
I think they had them in Aldi for about £25, £11 much better.
I take what your saying re;cost,but mates of mine will drop that 100 on a pub night,so i suppose it's what you fancy most. I haven't touched alcohol since the age of 15,and i turned 50 last week,so i can buy a new gadget every 3 days and still be ahead of half me pals(bless em') ...and did i mention the X7R's programmable microprocessor? ...i've called him kevin...:bow:

Reply to Best rechargeable hand torch in the world...i think... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock