Search the forum,

Discuss Bright bricklight? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ash_s3

Hi all

Got a job to do for a regular customer, he's having his driveway tarmaced and a new brick wall built with a brick pillar either side of the gate.

He wants some lighting on a photocell, pref LED due to running costs and maintenance, this lighting is to be recessed (brick lights) into the brick pillars at low level.

All simple stuff!

My questions is can anyone reccomened a particular brick light fitting with a relatively high output? Most I've seen have had very low wattages (2-3w) and I'm concerned they won't be bright enough to see to the front door.

I've already suggested LED floods angled towards the house and even short post lights ontop of the pillars both of which he's dead against and would much prefer a recessed fitting out of sight.

Thanks Andy, my immediate thought would be to install ES/GLS ones and fit some 9W LED lamps

KSR do a 6W 480 lumen, but even that doesn't sound very bright when put outside.

http://www.ksrlighting.com/lighting/TechDataSheets/Technical Data Sheet KSR3466.pdf

They also do a 26W PL version which I would suggest would be a lot brighter but still low energy

http://www.ksrlighting.com/lighting/TechDataSheets/Technical Data Sheet KSR4059.pdf
ledhut do a 9watt es that outputs 850lumens

ledhut do a 9watt es that outputs 850lumens

I do rate the ledhut retrofits, very good light output. A quick look suggests that most decent 26W PL lamps state double the lumen output of that though, if it's bright he's after.

EDIT: Oops, just re-read the OP and Fluorescent might not be the best option on a photocell.

Reply to Bright bricklight? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back