Discuss Can't find a consumer unit....! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yeah.... Rolf Harris, Gary Glitter, Joss Whedon, Johnny Depp. The list goes on......

Ok, a couple of the above names are alledged.... the other two... no doubt

Some of those beards are definitely alleged.

No idea who Joss Whedon is, but Glitter & Depp's facial hair would be more accurately described as 'whiskers'. 😁

What happened with Depp in the end? I remember stories about him hitting an ex, but then also remember stories that it was the ex who was violent.

No idea who Joss Whedon is, but Glitter & Depp's facial hair would be more accurately described as 'whiskers'. 😁

What happened with Depp in the end? I remember stories about him hitting an ex, but then also remember stories that it was the ex who was violent.
morelike pubic hair in the wrong place. hence the term dick-head

Joss Whedon is a producer or director or something that’s worked on a few DC or Marvel films. Did Buffy The Vampire Slayer series a while back and that’s where “allegations” are coming from.

Yes. Photos!
What you been doing all weekend???

Yes. Photos!
What you been doing all weekend???
Patience guys! As soon as the bearded wonder sends me the photo, it will be up here quicker than a rat out of an aqueduct....!
Worst case I'm back there on Friday and will take my own.

It's been a busy weekend - I just got back from a delightful drive from Oswestry to Grimsby and back. The things you do for your children that you wouldn't do for anyone else....

Last edited:
Patience guys! As soon as the bearded wonder sends me the photo, it will be up here quicker than a rat out of an aqueduct....!
Worst case I'm back there on Friday and will take my own.

It's been a busy weekend - I just got back from a delightful drive from Oswestry to Grimsby and back. The things you do for your children that you wouldn't do for anyone else....
was your local fish and chip shop closed then? looking for a fishy smell CU in the wrong plaice? Cod Almighty. Might need a Bird's Eye view.

was your local fish and chip shop closed then? looking for a fishy smell CU in the wrong plaice? Cod Almighty. Might need a Bird's Eye view.
Of all the colleges in the UK, my eldest decided Grimsby was the place to study. Most trains were buses yesterday, so dad's taxi service got invoked.
I wasn't able to find a chippy open when I got there last night, and I still haven't managed to sample the local fish. One day.

Better late than never. I called in tonight to look for myself as I was in the area.

The main distribution area, with sub main marked. There have been semi-competent additions, at least with correct cable sizes, but no sign of testing and the quality of labelling is hopefully not indicative!

1643238173951.png

And downstairs, the other end of the building, frustratingly about the only area I didn't lift ceiling panels
:
1643238235631.png
1643238267064.png

A decent vintage, the BS1361 variety...

1643238326100.png

Reminds me of the old Lancashire county built schools from the late 60's / 70's they were very creative when it came to locating the DB's and some other services quite often behind demountable wall panels with no indication of what was behind them

Reply to Can't find a consumer unit....! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net