Discuss Celebrity Electrician Nick bundy latest video in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score

Some interesting content in this vid

Would you go back and swap the 2 conduits for trunking due to magnetic flux ?

Would you reveal your prices on social media ?

(Imo his price for the board change and various things like new down lights was incredibly cheap)

I agree that's interesting. I wouldn't have installed it like that in the first place, but if I was doing an EICR there I wouldn't go above a C3 for eddy current issue that is unlikely to ever actually cause a problem.
To fix this we've gone from a manufactures knock-out to a self-made hole, ok with grommet strip, but that doesn't seem like progress!

What I'm a bit more interested in is the means of supporting the tails. Do we think open clips and flex conduit is ok for main meter tails around an up-an-over door?
It feels a little bit flimsy to me and I strongly doubt it satisfies 18th edition requirements of supporting cables.

Last edited:
I like Nick Bundy's videos because, although sometimes it's glaringly obvious that there are gaps in his knowledge, (like not knowing about potential eddy currents in this case), he comes across as genuine, humble, and honest.

Credit to him for going back to the job when he realised his mistake.

Most of us would not have used standard PVC/PVC meter tails in this situation, probably going with SWA.

I would not be revealing my prices on a public video, however, it can be helpful when others do!

I have on occasion extended meter tails like that from one end of a garage to the other but have always put up some galv trunking at high level screwed direct to the wall.
I personally wouldn't like to see flexi tube like that used with several meters of tails in it as a method of protection...
Likewise He could have used some 25mm SWA and it would have only added a few quid to the overall cost of that job

I do like his RCDO board and it all looks very neat with lots of expansion spare ways

1600 quid was cheapo imo as it included a new board , 9 new DLs and a couple garage sockets

I have on occasion extended meter tails like that from one end of a garage to the other but have always put up some galv trunking at high level screwed direct to the wall.
I personally wouldn't like to see flexi tube like that used with several meters of tails in it as a method of protection...
Likewise He could have used some 25mm SWA and it would have only added a few quid to the overall cost of that job
so why did we not see where the tails come from the other side of the wall .

Watched a few minutes seems a decent conscientious sort

Would be unusual to see the singles entering separate like that , probably just an oversight and easily done

Something I learnt is being a tidy electrician is a positive but when push comes to shove it's all about the regulations . A tidy job with a mistake won't save you.

As above, I wouldn't have installed the tails that way in the first place, but I wouldn't bother rectifying if I came across them like that on an EICR, I see no danger in it.

I believe Bundy's in Stafford, which is a nice town but not particularly wealthy, so prices for trades are likely to be lower up there than, say, the south east

I really dislike the use of flexible conduit unless it's for final connections. I thought this was a better use case though. Although I'm sure filming takes a while he does seem to get on with the job and sometimes you just need to crack on.

Reply to Celebrity Electrician Nick bundy latest video in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock