Discuss Complex Installations demand calc in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks for taking the time to explain that SC :thumbsup:
Really is a struggle for someone like me who has to relearn everything every few years when it comes to maths. I'm hoping to refresh myself on basic transposition of formulae soon as that never sunk in to a permanent state either.

You're probably already doing it without realising... use Ohm's law much?

MY design guide was bought through amazon

Same as mine, but I have to admit the thought of it being counterfeit didn't enter my mind... I just put it down to typos in the updates. My OSG has a table I had to stick in regarding maximum Zs as I recall.

I've just looked at the IET site and unfortunately they don't hologram everything... just the BYB, OSG and GN3.

way back in the days of short pants and when a £1 was worth £1 (soon not, thanks to harold wilson), i recall being taught BODMAS... brackets,of, divide, multiply,add, subtract. where did orders come from ( except from a rupert).

Yes, I'm not that bad, lol. Tried to transpose the adiabatic the other night and failed miserably though.
fret not. i tried to transpose aluminium into gold. thaat was a failure also.

Yes, I'm not that bad, lol. Tried to transpose the adiabatic the other night and failed miserably though.

If you would like me to take a look at your workings and give you some pointers, feel free to PM a picture of them (the workings out before any you dirty booggers having a beer - or wine - on a Sunday get any funny ideas) I'll gladly take a look.

If you would like me to take a look at your workings and give you some pointers, feel free to PM a picture of them (the workings out before any you dirty booggers having a beer - or wine - on a Sunday get any funny ideas) I'll gladly take a look.
you mean you'll take a look at my funny ideas? oops. brackets first as in bodmas. :D

way back in the days of short pants and when a £1 was worth £1 (soon not, thanks to harold wilson), i recall being taught BODMAS... brackets,of, divide, multiply,add, subtract. where did orders come from ( except from a rupert).

I'm guessing if you're being serious (it's sometimes hard to tell :) ), of = "the square root of", "the square of" which are the orders/indices.

Although I'm not actually sure orders is the right term to use. Powers and Indices is what you would normally call them.

A ^ B = A to the power of B

2 ^ 2 = 4 (the square of)
4 ^ 0.5 = 2 (the square root of) - this is derived from (A ^ (1/B))

So for the cube of and the cube root of:-

3 ^ 3 = 27 (the cube of 3)
27 ^ 0.333333 (or more accurately 1/3) = 3 (the cube root of 27)

as i remember, "of" was similar to multiply. as in 1/2 of 10 = 5.

Reply to Complex Installations demand calc in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock