Discuss "Cure" for Spanish 'Flu. ( I'm sure that's what I have) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

jeremy

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Tickly throat Monday, full snot fest, bunged solid head Tuesday. I tried Lemsip etc for one day, felt worse Wednesday. Resorted to traditional cures Wednesday evening, felt fantastic today.
Irish Whiskey, Demerara sugar, Lemon slice, whole cloves.
Large wine glass, half fill with not long boiled water. I like 2 tsp of sugar, but add to your own taste. Slice the lemon and spike with cloves, add to hot water.
Top up with whiskey, and drink, knowing that every drop might be doing you the world of good. ( though it might not).
I'll probably live, thanks to that!

excellent cure. i'd go a bit easier on the water, lemon and replace the cloves with garlic..

yup. crush a clove of garlic into the mix.

Tickly throat Monday, full snot fest, bunged solid head Tuesday. I tried Lemsip etc for one day, felt worse Wednesday. Resorted to traditional cures Wednesday evening, felt fantastic today.
Irish Whiskey, Demerara sugar, Lemon slice, whole cloves.
Large wine glass, half fill with not long boiled water. I like 2 tsp of sugar, but add to your own taste. Slice the lemon and spike with cloves, add to hot water.
Top up with whiskey, and drink, knowing that every drop might be doing you the world of good. ( though it might not).
I'll probably live, thanks to that!

Sounds good except for the water, lemon slice, cloves and sugar besides them every thing is fine. Just fill the glass to the top .with the remaining ingredients

I think in the first world war they used black pepper in a mug of tea.
Not being an Historian I'm sure I read somewhere that Spanish flu was rife during that period and killed more people than all that died during that war. I await correction and ridicule ( although it would be nice if you kept it down a bit).

the flu' epidemic in 1918 DID kill more than in WW1. you're right there.

I seem to have had a cold/virus or consumption for about 6 weeks now. I am fed up waking up coughing, sneezing, unable to swallow and not being able to breathe. I think it's the nature of the beast I suppose, as I work in an open-plan GP surgery so obviously I'm going to catch whatever drifts through. I crave the warmer days and lighter nights when we can sit outside in the fresh air, in the meantime..... hot toddies all the way. :54:

My bunged up head had cleared by Friday, but my nose was still a bit snotty. Got out on the Atlantic lifeboat a couple of times over the weekend, now no snot at all!!
So, my recommended cure for Man, Bird, Spanish flu, or just a common cold that lasses get, drink 5h1tloads of whiskey, garlic optional, thanks Tel, and go out on bouncy water in a speed boat getting lots of salty water in your face! Sorted!

I seem to have had a cold/virus or consumption for about 6 weeks now. I am fed up waking up coughing, sneezing, unable to swallow and not being able to breathe. I think it's the nature of the beast I suppose, as I work in an open-plan GP surgery so obviously I'm going to catch whatever drifts through. I crave the warmer days and lighter nights when we can sit outside in the fresh air, in the meantime..... hot toddies all the way. :54:
With loads of blk pepper, keep Geordie sneezing them germs out.

As a genuine hint at a repulsing colds try' vitamin c with zinc' it works. available at all good chemists. PS My doctor takes them and swears by them. I started a week ago and I feel the benefits already. They are an ALL year thing, one a day all year long, cheaper and better than the misery of time off and countless rolls of loo roll.

Last edited by a moderator:
a good malt whisky and specs' zinc. you'll forget the cold when you're paralytic and galvanised.

a good malt whisky and specs' zinc. you'll forget the cold when you're paralytic and galvanised.
Good one Tel, I would suggest to those who like a tipple ( just now and again in my case lol ) take the pill in the morning. It's a lot cheaper to buy these than extra large packs of loo roll. My missis thought i had a galloping case of the trots until I explained I was using it on my nose, she did reply ' I thought it might be your mouth' I chose to ignore this.

Tidy as a double cure coat them vitamin c + zinc with black pepper. Only joking, But the Vit C+ zinc really do work.

Thanks specs............. I think I've turned the corner now.... no coughing fits or one eye crying constantly. I bought some little bottles of the yogurt drink with friendly bacteria and have to say I feel so much better. I have ordered some zinc and vit c as suggested, thanks for the advice. x

Reply to "Cure" for Spanish 'Flu. ( I'm sure that's what I have) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock