Discuss danger in the potting shed in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ayjay

just having a quick smoke in the customers shed, during the rain, noticed this--:skull:
i actually unplugged the jcb plugtop and plugged my battery drill charger in , of course it didn,t work, and the plugtop was live, luckily i didn,t touch the live pin
the cable away from the socket feeds a pond pump its just trailed around the edge of the garden
theres a 30ma rcd at the source so that helps a bit, i can no longer remedy it, as i don,t have part p or 17th even tho ive been in the trade since 1968,

Attachments

• honda pics 122.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 108
  • honda pics 123.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes its amazing to see what people get up to
I suppose they dont see the danger they put themselves in because as they tend to say "It works"

i used to rewire council houses , the botch-ups were too many to mention, one that stands out was a 3 branch light fitting in the ladys lounge, the brass effect type, there wasn,t any earth in the wiring system , just pvc twin -- her husband had used the earth term in the fitting to connect the 3 lives to (3 plate)
it had been like that for years she told me
----------------
another was a switch-drop in grip conduit, the elbow at the top hadnt been connected to the drop tube the wiring was singles -vir-
there was a picture hanging above the switch the fixing pin/nail had been hammered right thro the metal tube&thro the live feed
thus the tube was live ,
i only found this as i couldn,t remove the existing wires due to the nail
the tube was live , i mentioned it to the lady-- she said that when they used to decorate and re-wallpaper they used to get a "tingleing sensation" from the wall
------------------
a funny thing-- took a trap up on a landing, put my hand and arm under to find the light drop --felt something- so grabbed them and had a look---bl--dy mouse traps-- set too!3 of them, they must have been there a long time ,they were full of woodworm , little nipper they were called
--------------
another --working in the roofspace-notice the yellow insu is holed by mice and lots of bits of paper around the hole--well i think--might be banknotes!!, so over i crawl-pull back the insu only to find a wa-k mag, tube of k-y gel, and a big old vibrator

i used to rewire council houses , the botch-ups were too many to mention, one that stands out was a 3 branch light fitting in the ladys lounge, the brass effect type, there wasn,t any earth in the wiring system , just pvc twin -- her husband had used the earth term in the fitting to connect the 3 lives to (3 plate)
----------------
another was a switch-drop in grip conduit, the elbow at the top hadnt been connected to the drop tube the wiring was singles -vir-
there was a picture hanging above the switch the fixing pin/nail had been hammered right thro the metal tube&thro the live feed
thus the tube was live ,
the tube was live , i mentioned it to the lady-- she said that when they used to decorate and re-wallpaper they used to get a "tingleing sensation" from the wall
------------------
a funny thing-- took a trap up on a landing, put my hand and arm under to find the light drop --felt something- so grabbed them and had a look---bl--dy mouse traps-- set too!3 of them, they must have been there a long time ,they were full of woodworm , little nipper they were called
--------------
another --working in the roofspace-notice the yellow insu is holed by mice and lots of bits of paper around the hole--well i think--might be banknotes!!, so over i crawl-pull back the insu only to find a wa-k mag, tube of k-y gel, and a big old vibrator
Good for cable pullin then........

----------------
thus the tube was live ,
------------------
--------------

even mice are becoming pervs now!!!

i still remember the vibrator in the loft incident when i pass the place !
----------------------
i was doing rewires on a council estate once , they were fitting new kitchens and bathrooms; i pulled out the double bed to get the carpet up, one of the young lads was in the room too, he spotted a vib under the bed --all dusty it was-- he came out of the room with the VERY large viby in hand, and shouted to the rest of the lads there"look at the size of this bl--dy thing!", just as the woman who lived in the house was coming up the stairs i dissapeared out of the way a bit quick!

i still remember the vibrator in the loft incident when i pass the place !
----------------------
i was doing rewires on a council estate once , they were fitting new kitchens and bathrooms; i pulled out the double bed to get the carpet up, one of the young lads was in the room too, he spotted a vib under the bed --all dusty it was-- he came out of the room with the VERY large viby in hand, and shouted to the rest of the lads there"look at the size of this bl--dy thing!", just as the woman who lived in the house was coming up the stairs i dissapeared out of the way a bit quick!
Theres an art to working in peoples homes mate.....its called "see all....hear all....say nowt"! Believe me we`v come across all the stuff you mention here and more besides....but don`t forget: you have to act professional AT ALL TIMES when in someones home....it isn`t a playground and things have a nasty habit of turning round and biting you......yes even dildo`s..lol..........

Reply to danger in the potting shed in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock