Search the forum,

Discuss Distribution circuit with cables buried in walls in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wattsy

Hi All

I have got to quote for a distribution circuit to a garage Cu.

My Question is if you bury the cables in the wall how can you provide the 30mA protection required for that cable and still achieve discretion because the garage board will also have a 30mA RCD.

Do you just provide the 30mA protection from the board in the house and have a main switch Cu in the garage?

Hope this makes sense i've had a long day!
Many Thanks

if you have a 30mA rcd in the house then no need to put one in the garage. if feeding the garage with swa the you can take it from a non rcd way and put a rcd at the garage end

ya -you should use swa or whatever appropriate installation method so you don't have to rcd the sub-main

that way the rcd is 'local' to the final circuits it's protecting and you don't have the walk back to house and lights+sockets tripping together etc. etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Distribution circuit with cables buried in walls in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back