Discuss earth leakage in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Farmelectrics

-
Arms
Reaction score
got a new toy ha ha clamped my new earth leakage clamp around my earth cable local to consumer and was getting 5mili amp leakage question what mainly causes the earth leakage other than computers fridges etc

it was 8.6mili amps around tails and 6 mili amps on the earth cable no computers on tv is on and fridge and freezer what else could be causing this leakage

If its a Tnc-s system I suppose its possible that next doors earth leakage is finding its way to the neutral via yours

Sadly we pay for quality (real iPhone chargers ).
Plenty of TVs DVR ,DVD players are good for an odd milli-amp.
(the old transormers are too full of copper at 50Hz-hence replaced !)

a friend of mine told me he uses the clamp meter for his ir tests dosent do any ir testing just calculates the ir from the leakage current he detects whats your thoughts on that says it saves him lots of time still need convincing that this is ok

a friend of mine told me he uses the clamp meter for his ir tests dosent do any ir testing just calculates the ir from the leakage current he detects
Does sound dodgy ,if no one else can get same figure with 500V .
Can see where he is coming from Not having to unplug all those delicate electronics (they get tested at 380-400VDC)

its a good idea and would save you lots of time quick clamp and calculate and onto the next one or better still the pub quicker. would be good before a board change

Reply to earth leakage in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock