Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Eeeek, Ive changed my "skin" and cant undo...? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Andy 7671

Well, there I was trying to edit my sig,stop the autoprompt to my emails...

Scrolling down, it came to change skin..I wonder what that does...?, Ive now ended up with a blue vbulletin format which is lame, it also has the settings well and truly hidden.

Can some kind soul please tell me how to undo, Id send my password to a mod by PM and ask them to restore, but I cant even PM

Any ideas please..?

Thanks, but no, notlink is not supported by v bulletin
I mean, i thought it would just change the surround coluur not withdraw 50% of communication tools

The 'skin' settings are right at the bottom of the page on the left.

If you're in mobile version, you'll have to sign out, clear the cookies and sign back in again.

Thanks Lenny ans Jason..

No I havent sorted it, if I sign out, the original orange and blue returns, but I loose the settings option.

What Ive changed it to is V bulletin, it said blue surround on the change my skin options.

At the bottom is a centre justified list of forum sponsors, then, on left hand side, forum tags, nowhere can I find settings.

Wish Id just left it alone...sorry for being a pain.

At the top of the page can you see a 'forum actions' pull down menu? If so from there > general settings > edit profile on the left hand side. Toward the bottom there's a forum skin setting.

If it's just page elements that are in the wrong place try zooming in or out using ctrl + mousewheel

Last edited:
Sorry, no there is no pull down, just a square blue icon with three dots which gives access to profile friends, albums notifications etc, this is on the right, there is just the v bulletin on the left.

I can't type straight for laughing, maybe a lame looking skin is just poetic justice for fiddling :)

Okay if you're logged in can you see your name at the top of the page? If so click on it and then find the button on the right hand side that's labeled 'customise my profile'. If you're really lucky you might see an option near the top of that page to 'revert'.

Glad you can see the funny side, I swear Im not after attention, bad skin notwithstanding, but this is my point, there is nothing there at the top, no tools etc, cant even find out who liked what, .

marvo pmd you, dont let this take up too much of your time, I can live with it for a while, its just not asresponsive as the original.

Good job Im not a cat.

On the front page of the phone app version go to the very bottom and click on "full site". That will bring you to the full site (funny that) and you can reset your options as per before.

And you went to bed at the same time you posted.

Last edited:
Et voila, thank you soo much...

Did you do that Marvo it was the old style when i logged back on, the tried Pauls suggestion, no joy, then tried it again and it was restored.

Thank you.

Reply to Eeeek, Ive changed my "skin" and cant undo...? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock