Discuss EICR test and report in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Unfortunately sounds like a boss who's 'advice' would not be worth learning from anyway in terms of doing a competent or good job.

You'll have to decide how you feel about what you're doing - if you are only doing a visual inspection then you can at least still do that properly and to the best of your abilities (checking bonding is in place and the right size, looking for damaged sockets, light fittings etc). while getting some experience of the reality of houses.

What your boss does you cannot do much about unfortunately, other than decide whether you want to keep working for him.

I don't suppose you know whether he is registered with the NICEIC or NAPIT? If so you could consider informing them of what he's doing (though probably only after you've decided you can no longer work with him naturally...)
I agree with you. I think I will inform NAPIT because the company has someone reg NAPIT but that person neither inspect nor signs the form. Once I'm gone I will inform...

Thanks everyone for shedding some light on the matter.

Reply to EICR test and report in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Trying to organise a CU replacement at home. It's a 1930s property. It's got a 10way CU but with no RCD protection. Was after a larger unit with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am due EICR test on my property which has 20 year old wiring. Last test on 2018 was fine with no issues. Just need to check if my consumer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been asked to do EICR on thatched property for insurance purposes, however they will want all C3 codes rectified. Haven't seen it yet but...
Replies
Views
Hello, I had an eicr done in 2021and it passed with four C3 items. They recommend next test date to be in 3 years instead of 5 on the certificate...
Replies
Views
Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock