Discuss ET 101:2008 screwed terminals in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tecnicogef

Hello,

i need some help understanding the regulation of ET 101:2008, in particular at point 526.9.2

I'd need to know if, in order to comply with the regulations in section 526.9.2, is possible to make connections using:

- clamps type WAGO article 222-412 with flexible conductors section 1.5 sq mm
(image: http://it.farnell.com/productimages/standard/en_GB/130051106-40.jpg )

- And ferrule uninsulated article 216-104
(image: http://www.conrad.it/medias/global/partner/7000_7999/7200/7260/7268/726838_00_1000.jpg )

I hope someone can kindly help me.

Thank you in advance.

you don't need to ferrule flex with those wagos. they are designed to take fine stranded flex. just twist the strands and clamp in the wago, about 12mm stripped.

ET101:2008 as amended to 2011 is, as stated, the 4th Edition of the National Rules for Electrical Installations published by the Electro-Technical Council of Ireland (ETCI).

I think we will need more information(!)

I may look up the Rule quoted in the post (526.9.2) later on.

OK.

The Rule in question states that "The connection of a flexible cable to fixed wiring shall be made with screwed terminals in a suitable box."

Thank you all for the response, i appreciate.

I'm bothering about ET 101 because i'm working on an electrical installation which is a prefabricated that will be delivered in Ireland.

Risteard got the point. So, do you think that wagos are allowed? The regulation is not SO precise on that particular point.

It's an interesting question. I would suggest either contacting the ETCI for clarification (I understand they tend to be quite helpful) or repeat your question on another forum such as boards.ie electrical section.

Not many on this forum would ever be working to ET 101 (myself excluded).

Reply to ET 101:2008 screwed terminals in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock