Discuss Metrel MI3100 EuroTest Easi in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Firstly apologises if these are stupid questions but it's doing my head in!

It's the first time I've really used this tester as I've always used Flukes before, both during my course and with other people I've worked with. The instructions with it, to me at least, seem to make no sense at all!! I've worked out how to do continuity, insulation resistance, polarity and Zs no problem... It's then I get stuck!

The install I'm testing is also the frst time I've ever needed to test an earth rod, which isn't helping matters! I need to find the Ze, Prospective Fault Current and Electrode Resistance but can't figure out which of the countless numbers that appear on the screen relates to what! Thought I'd worked it out but after checking the results realised I can't of done as what I thought was Ra was giving me 519 ohms!

If anyone's used one of these and could point me in the right direction I would be extremily grateful as it's slowly driving me mad!!

Oh and in case anyones interested, it seems to be a good all rounder tester for a good price...if only I knew how to use it!!

Firstly apologises if these are stupid questions but it's doing my head in!

It's the first time I've really used this tester as I've always used Flukes before, both during my course and with other people I've worked with. The instructions with it, to me at least, seem to make no sense at all!! I've worked out how to do continuity, insulation resistance, polarity and Zs no problem... It's then I get stuck!

The install I'm testing is also the frst time I've ever needed to test an earth rod, which isn't helping matters! I need to find the Ze, Prospective Fault Current and Electrode Resistance but can't figure out which of the countless numbers that appear on the screen relates to what! Thought I'd worked it out but after checking the results realised I can't of done as what I thought was Ra was giving me 519 ohms!

If anyone's used one of these and could point me in the right direction I would be extremily grateful as it's slowly driving me mad!!

Oh and in case anyones interested, it seems to be a good all rounder tester for a good price...if only I knew how to use it!!

Hi Chris
Why not ring Metrel direct on 01924245000. They are quite helpful.

Didn't ring them in the end, had someone look at the basic instructions you get with it and they were able to point me in the right direction.

Still not convinced yet, still tempted by a Fluke!

Didn't ring them in the end, had someone look at the basic instructions you get with it and they were able to point me in the right direction.

Still not convinced yet, still tempted by a Fluke!
Give us more info. Why do you think that the Fluke machine will be more convincing?:)

When I did my course and blokes I've worked with before have always used Flukes. Bought the Metrel as it was meant to be easier to use and to be fair it probably is once you work out what it all means as the instructions are nothing short of rubbish.

Been testing a few different circuit with it today and it is growing on me. Only major gripe is the leads. The one with the test button on it is quite bulky and the lead on it tight to extend.

Can't justify the expense of replacing it so i'll perserve and hopefully be back on here soon saying how good it is!!

Reply to Metrel MI3100 EuroTest Easi in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net