NAPIT Certification Scheme Napit

Discuss Napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Rob

Been doing some homework on NICEIC, Elecsa and Napit over the week with regards joining a scheme. I know NICEIC are very well known nationwide, and there is strong support for Elecsa especially ECA bought them out or merged with them.

But after speaking to all three on the phone this week I think Napit seemed the most professional and as I am in need of being assessed and becoming "approved" asap Napit can get you through in 2 weeks providing you have all your paperwork up to scratch.

Draw back being Napit quoted me £480 +VAT where as NICEIC and Elecsa are around/over a hundred quid cheaper. Considerable difference but NICEIC said I may be waiting 8 weeks for my assessment!

This price is only for the first year with Napit where the cost then becomes £340 +VAT. Which seems more realistic and cheaper than the others.

I know cheapest isnt always the best but in fairness they all offer the same to their members, so...

What are peoples thoughts? Any Napit members here?

Hi there i'm with NAPIT I found them very good. Assesser very helpfull nothing too much trouble

Was with NIC last year, now going with Elecsa paid fee about 10 days ago got assesment end of this month. When speaking with Elecsa on phone found them to be really helpful, could never seem to get hold of Nic easily when i needed to. so will see what Elecsa are like over coming year.

Only for the first year though Cirrus. And I am comparing the price of NAPITs "Full Scope" Scheme to NICEIC Domestic Installer Scheme.

Jibtech have you had to make a technical enquiry yet. When a friend of mine did he got a different answer if he spoke to another advisor very confusing.

im in a similar situation as you rob i also spoke to nic and napit this week, the real advantage i can tell that napit offer is like you say offer full scope instead of domestic installer, if you havnt got your 2391 then napit say you can do a periodic test without 2391 wgich is great....but they say you have to gain your 2391 within 12-18 months.

iam leaning more towards napit but like you say the nic are known by joe public more than napit....weather you loose or gain any business because your in one and not the other remains to be seen

good luck either way

im dom ins with NIC, i have won jobs just because someones mortgage company or estate agent or insurance firm has stated they want an NIC contractor to do the work, no one asks for part p approved always the same question

"are you nic"

couldnt be arsed tryin to explain about part p every time i went to a job askin for nic

Rob, I have been with NAPIT full scope ( just expired but I wil probably renew with them again). They are professional, friendly and have everything you need to get yourself going.

I personally liked the membership benefits such as the Competent Person Magazine every month which always has some good technial data in, the reduced Insurances, the website and NAPIT forum for members - all working to help each other out.

For technical issues, they have a technical phone line where you can discuss any issues you have and they are always helpful in pointing you in the right direction. By the way I saved their office number in my mobile phone 01623811483 (as I have loads of free minutes) so calling them cost nothing.

They are an approved government scheme, so any issues you have with people demanding NICEIC certs is like music to NAPIT's ears, they will jump on it for you!

From my experience, NAPIT are very good. Its amazing that when you joint these schemes the others ask you to join them for free!

I was sent a letter from the NICEIC to join them for free. That really annoyed me considering they want a silly amount of money to be full scope with them!

Anyway who ever you go with good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you speak to the membership department and say you were at a trade show and saw them there (you will need to find a show they were at) you could possibly get £100 discount. Tell them you feel they are more professional than NIC and bobs you uncle!

Good luck

If you speak to the membership department and say you were at a trade show and saw them there (you will need to find a show they were at) you could possibly get £100 discount. Tell them you feel they are more professional than NIC and bobs you uncle!

Good luck

Your 4 YEARS out of date with that gem of advice!!!

I was with Elecsa but everyone seems to know NICEIC so I switched to them. It depends if you want something that people instantly recognise or just a scheme that you can sign off through. At the end of the day they all take handfulls of cash off you in return for not much.

Oh really, it worked for me this week lol.

What do they do about renewals? Just turn up to a show, tell them you have been on their register for several years, ask them about loyalty points, then tell them how wonderful they are....That should get 100 quid knocked off the next registration fee?

I'm coming up for my 9th year with NAPIT. No problems, good assessors, magazine is full of --- bits the combined insurance is about as good as it gets where you're covered for PL, PI, Tools and a couple of other things, which don't spring to mind at the moment, at about half the price of the PI alone.

I've never had a problem with getting work, although I'm not sure how much of that is purely due to NAPIT.

Reply to Napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock