Discuss Not one failure so far. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GBDamo

Subscribed Member
Been using these for lightweight fixtures in plasterboard for about six months now and they seem remarkably reliable for something so simple.

There's no worse feeling than when a pig tail spins out when you give it that last little nip but these seem robust and secure.

Woth a try if your not already using them.

(I don't have shares)

Andy78

Respected Member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
At 4 times the price of spiral cavity fixings are they 4 times the product ?
Can't say I have many problems with the spiral type although I don't really fix into plasterboard too often.

OP
G

GBDamo

Subscribed Member
At 4 times the price of spiral cavity fixings are they 4 times the product ?
Can't say I have many problems with the spiral type although I don't really fix into plasterboard too often.
The spirals are crap if the board is damp, old or damaged, dot and dab can cause problems.

Its the failure nature of them that drives me mad, they just slip and leave a nasty hole on the board.

The above link in for illustrative purposes, im sure you can get them at a fraction of that price, don't know for sure as most my stuff is on account.

pirate

Regular EF Member
Been using these for years, and I mean 10 or more.
The spiral ones are fine, plastic or metal, but as said above, if they fail you get a big hole in the plasterboard.
These hammer-in ones are excellent for lighter loads, so I always carry some because they can get you a fix when you're in a fix, so to speak.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 59 66.3%
  • Black

Votes: 30 33.7%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.