Discuss Oscilloscope or Labscope? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 79976

Is there anything else worth looking at for under say £350 than a Rigol DS1052E with the 100MHz unlock mod? I figure it's worth asking around before pulling the trigger! Needs to be:

* Under £350 delivered
* Can be new or used, used might get me something really nice!
* Must be a DSO or Labscope, it needs to have cursors and reasonable buffer. I don't mind needing a laptop
* Must support at least phase & logic triggering modes
* 20MHz minimum, but 80MHz+ could be useful
* Kinda portable would be useful, one of the applications will be automotive so being able to cart it about would be a bonus
* BNC connectors only, i'll want to use it with amp probes & pressure transducers etc.

Thought i'd probe you guys to scope out any leads before i pull the trigger :tounge_smile: Ok ok i'll get my coat...

Not sure what you are asking or what you application is

Just looking for anyone knowledgable on scopes to give me a pointer to any known good deals for an oscope or labscope. It won't earn its keep (i don't work in electrical) so I need to keep the spend down. If anyone can save me a few quid i'd appreciate it!

Application will primarily be general inspection and debugging of microcontroller circuits.

I have a logic analyser i can use for debugging SPI / I2C traffic but even so i think i'd regret buying a scope without logic triggerring - i'd get bored pretty quickly swapping instruments to answer a simple question like "is a handshake initiated?".

100MHz on the time domain covers 95% of my needs.

I do sometimes want a look at bias voltages, so i'd like reasonable resolution and range on voltage measurements. I guess basically i just want switchable AC / DC coupling.

I'd also like to use for automotive diagnosis, primarily MAF and O2 sensors, i'm unlikely to hook directly to CAN networks or anything like that (although never say never with the way things are on modern cars - the stereo on my old Octavia was on the CAN bus!!)

The portable requirement comes from wanting to lug it out to the car for any fault finding work there.

To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail. So to that end i'd expect to be buying or making current & pressure transducers at some point.

Like i say, not fussed if it's a DSO or a labscope & laptop.

Spam spam

:44: :thumbs_down:

Reply to Oscilloscope or Labscope? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock