Discuss Payment Companies in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

How do the schemes add value or how were they originally intended to add value? Do they provide insurance and checks and balances for the customer for example? I'm guessing they must have originally brought something to the party.

Not being in one Marvo, I can't comment, but from what i can gather from other threads, they are mainly interested in pursuing people that use their logos without being paid up members.

They don't seem to be interested in helping out people who have received substandard workmanship, nor offer insurance to people who have had substandard work done.

As far as I am concerned, they are just one piece of a money making racquet with the sole trader as the pawn in a corrupt game.

Maybe I'm wrong, and someone will come on here and correct me, after all, I'm not registered and don't do domestic work. But I'll be honest, the thought of having to do two notifiable jobs, and paying all that money to a scam so I can self notify, doesn't entice me into that saturated market when I'll have to do umpteen little jobs to even cover my subscription costs for the year.

No wonder cash jobs rule. the system is set up to favour the unscrupulous.

The reason that cash jobs rule will always be that it is cheaper to get a spark to do a job on the side than get a sole trader spark or a company into do the work as they have alot of overheads which reflect in their prices.

An example is my parents wanted the downstairs of their house painted and phoned a few companies for a quote,they got quotes ranging from £1000 to £1500 for the work.Which to me seemed way over the top.
They ended up using a self employed one man band painter who done it for £550 if they supplied the paint - he only took two days and did a great job.
He only had a small van and worked from his garage so did not have alot of overheads or have to charge VAT like the others did.Plus he got alot of other work from friends of my parents who reconmend him.

It would be good if we did have a licence scheme to trade or do electricial work in this country as it would get rid of many unskilled and the cowboys overnight

It would be good if we did have a licence scheme to trade or do electricial work in this country as it would get rid of many unskilled and the cowboys overnight

That's what i keep promoting, Get a National Register of Qualified Electricians, and you won't need these scam scheme providers any longer!!

They won't go out of business, they will just revert back to what they were doing before!! But it will make a bloody big dent in there profitability... lol!!!

Reply to Payment Companies in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net