Discuss How long before chasing payment? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

No you would not, you are discussing information pertaining to your business which you are free to divulge to anyone you wish, nothing to do with the data protection act, at a very great stretch it may be construed as liable, but almost impossible to prove.

I don't wish to get into a protracted argument in this thread, but Acts of Parliament aren't subject to opinion - at least not unless you happen to preside over a court of law - and the issue under discussion is pretty much data protection 101 (or GDPR 101 across the EU).

Disclosing information about your own business is perfectly fine, but once details pertaining to a named customer enter the conversation you would be in breach of the Act.

I'd be happy to discuss the issue further if you wish to start a separate thread.

Are they a customer if they have not paid, moot point, but obtaining anything under false pretences is a criminal act, the Data protection act allows disclosure of personal information to prevent further criminal offences.

Each client was sent an quote prior to leaving for site.
The ones we did not know we required payment prior to leaving.
Out of interest, how do you do this? Bank Transfer?
I have a SumUp machine as a last resort payment option for the crowd that don't carry cash and have lost their cheque book. I always love the look of surprise when I say I can accept the card that I've already seen in their cash-free wallet.

But I've never figured out over-the-phone card payments. Out of hour call-outs are the exact situation I'd like to be able to use them.

Out of interest, how do you do this? Bank Transfer?
I have a SumUp machine as a last resort payment option for the crowd that don't carry cash and have lost their cheque book. I always love the look of surprise when I say I can accept the card that I've already seen in their cash-free wallet.

But I've never figured out over-the-phone card payments. Out of hour call-outs are the exact situation I'd like to be able to use them.
SumUp has a "Virtual Terminal" option if you are qualifying for it and request it to be activated. Slightly higher fees on it.

Thanks for the replies everyone, not yet no I will do tomorrow. I did mean I live around the corner from the customer (never met before, quite a few houses around), so will pop another one with a note through the door. I double checked, invoice is dated 17 December so 30 days on Tuesday.

Thanks for the replies everyone, not yet no I will do tomorrow. I did mean I live around the corner from the customer (never met before, quite a few houses around), so will pop another one with a note through the door. I double checked, invoice is dated 17 December so 30 days on Tuesday.
Ah I'd probs leave it til Wednesday

if you dont know them...one of the key comments needed to be made in the communications is "How will you pay " ? get this established first .Then pull out the trump card "I have a card reader method of payment you can use" if they makes excuses about not having cash etc etc

Reply to How long before chasing payment? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net