Discuss Possibly the most bizarre question I’ll ever post…… in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
….. but does anyone have any kind of idea what a safe touch voltage would be for a cat?! I’ve just thrown some led fairy lights around our cat tree (you know, just because….) and had assumed that they’d be 12v or lower but glancing at the psu as I plugged it in and it’s a secondary of 31v (3w). I mean, it’ll teach the sods to stop chewing stuff, but…… 😳

How low does your IR tester go? Mine does 50v....

1639335998457.png

On a more serious note, if we are talking DC, it should be fine.
Edison put hundreds of volts of DC through animals to show how safe DC was compared to AC.

On a more serious note, if we are talking DC, it should be fine.
Edison put hundreds of volts of DC through animals to show how safe DC was compared to AC.
A lot of new information in there for me regarding the difference between AC and DC. The question that springs to my mind is why do we always speak of dangerous shock currents in terms of Milliamps only? We Don, t usually differentiate between whether it's AC or DC milliamps.? Apologies rockinggit if my post appears insensitive to your cats welfare🙂

….. but does anyone have any kind of idea what a safe touch voltage would be for a cat?!

Although it’s been mentioned that there has been experiments in the past by Edison…. Maybe we should update it. Include the variables that the lights may be outside and the cat may be standing on snow….

Where can I find 2 dozen cats and a large power supply?

New meaning to the phrase “Fritz the cat”

Reply to Possibly the most bizarre question I’ll ever post…… in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock