Discuss The men who built America in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

monkeyelectric

I don't if any of you watch this program but this week was about the invention on electricity and how Thomas Eddison thought his DC was superior to Nikola Tesla's dangerous AC and that it would never catch on , then John D Rockafella and his kerosene lamp oil business thought neither would catch on. Eddison and JP Morgan lit half of New York with DC but Tesla and George Westinghouse had plans of lighting half of America with AC. Eddison started doing experiments with AC to show how dangerous it was by electrocuting animals(cruel sod) . It is on again this monday at half 9 on history channel, its worth a watch!

New York with DC

i always thought washington was DC, not new york.

Read the tesla book he was classed as a mad scientist type very good read he wanted the world to have wireless electricity and had tried and tested his theory dangous stuff until the iet got involved

This is one of his most fiendish inventions, the Rotary Converter

AC to DC or DC to AC

RotaryConverterB.jpg

BTW my avatar is a Schrage motor

Last edited by a moderator:
Read the tesla book he was classed as a mad scientist type very good read he wanted the world to have wireless electricity and had tried and tested his theory dangous stuff until the iet got involved

Why do you think the authorities raided his premises, on his death, and removed many of his unpublished papers?? Who knows what progress has been thwarted in the name of protectionism of established very profitable businesses!! No way were they going to stand by and let the possibility of free electricity for all, get a foot hold!! lol!!

Reply to The men who built America in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net