Discuss Tool Bag or Tool Box? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jimbo4591

Hi again, another random question!

Do you have a tool bag or tool box? I prob just go over top when deciding tools n stuff.

But which is better? Is it just a matter of opinoin or is one better for sparkys than the other?

What do you use? Is there a brand worth going for when deciding tool storage?

cheers

james

i suppose u can carry it better in a tool bag, but i prefer a toolbox and tool up a belt, brands worth using. i say makita all the way, but a storage box/bag is still a place ofstorage at the end of the day

Ah, makita. The 'happy shopper' of the tool world.

you pays your money you takes your choice!

I use a tool bag as keep standing on my boxes and breaking them! I also tend to fill my Makita electricians pouch with what I need and tend to just use that for the day to day stuss and leave the heavier gear and things like bending springs, lump hammer etc in the bag which sits in the van until needed

Yes, you are right but 12 years throwing idiots out of night clubs meant that a little extra weight on my side went a long way!

Just switched from a tool box to a bag. Its so much more organised, now alot of guys I work with are all looking into getting bags now :D

wow seems a popular thread now :) cheers guys for the advice n stuff. Ive got one of those kew technik tiny yellow n black bags and i just need somethin bigger cos its a nightmare scrounging through your tools trying to find a tool thts at the bottom. (ok it sounds like Ive got tons of tools but u prob know what I mean, better having a half full bag than a bag full to the brim lol). I might just go for an average size bag then, not too big, instead of a toolbox.

righto

keep postin! interestin what ppl think

james

Last edited by a moderator:
my toolbox is up for renewal after two years (stanley)
not going for a toolbag because i use mine as a bench, a stool ,a seat .
also its got bits and bobs storage .looked at ones with wheels but a lot of the time i'd be dragging it over rough ground or up stairs .
its also waterproof .
iwish i could find a better box as i hate having my tools disorganised in the bottom of the bucket, looks like ill be getting the same one again

Hi,
Use a toolbox myself for much the same reasons as Wayne, handy to use as a 'hop up' etc. However mine is a Stanley 20" and is about to give up the ghost after about 18 months, so I'll be looking to replace as well. Still think I'll go for a box.

Regards,
Lofty

I use my Makita electricians pouch all the time and can be slung over the shoulder to carry it around. Can be a bit cumbersome though and bumping through doorways is an issue.

Reply to Tool Bag or Tool Box? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock