Discuss what are some tools that were worth the price tag? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just replaced damn near all my tools

Spent decent money on cutting and stripping tools and screwdrivers and cordless kit

A few things like auger bits I just buy cheap kits now , sharpen them and ---- them

Metal wear is 90% of it

Will be interesting in learning how you get on with this.
€17 megger

Seems to be ok, hooked it up to an old multimeter

500v/1000v readings were off on low battery, ok with different battery

Attachments

• 20211215_115238.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20211215_115143.jpg
    571.9 KB · Views: 16
I have one of those , it lives in my spares box

Only time I use it is if you have a bunch of small flex cables to strip then it is quite good , you can shove up to 1mm flex in the jaws and it will pop off the outer sheath is one motion

Would love to hear thought on the Ergostrip as most people I've heard mention it were paid Youtubers. Hard to beat CK shears for stripping sheath of round cables, but not so great for getting inside boxes.

Collapsing stool. Also have a 'standard Rectangular one but that does get as much use as this.

View attachment 93004

Had one of these on my Amazon list for about a year, but can never quite get around to buying one. Reviews seem to indicate that quality varies wildly between the numerous versions available.

If the Ergostrip was cheaper I might get me self one , but at £35 i cant justify buying another tool which will probably just end up life living in my spares junk tool box

My spares box is already full of torx drivers , nut drivers , stubby drivers , various pliers and bits that rarely see the light of day

It's funny because when I first saw the ergostrip I thought it was just another overpriced thing that would end up in my workshop not being used, well £35 is spendy for some plastic with blades in it but I have probably had it just under a year now and it does get a fair bit of use, wouldn't say daily as I don't always do installation work every day but I use it on most jobs and it's in my daily carry! The small knife blade on it is handier than I thought it would be as well.

Does anyone use Or has anyone used one of these?

My dad has about 3 or 4 of these in his tool box , I personally have never used one but were they a popular thing back in the day ?

Reply to what are some tools that were worth the price tag? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net