Discuss Wow are rates really that bad? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Welchyboy1

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
out of interest I have been perusing the jobs section for electricians on various job sites and wow are they really that low?
I mean some are ridiculous

wanted
A fully qualified, served apprenticeship, 2391, JIB approved gold card, fully registered, use your own van, own tools, own insurance, own test gear electrician

no company benefits whatsoever

work located in central London carrying out 15 EICR s plus remedial work each day ……£175-200 per day

ok this is a bit of an exaggeration but it’s not that far from the truth on a lot of them, does anyone actually sign up for these roles🤷🏼‍♂️

blimey why would you? No wonder there’s a shortage of electricians, more like a shortage of electricians willing to work for peanuts

Last edited:
200£ per day in London is a joke , a window cleaner or gardener will earn that in London and they have 0 qualifications

that said i did work cards in , in London some years ago and that was around £35,000 per annum ( you did get a van and tools provided ) which worked out about £150 per day before tax

If you’re using your own van, own tools, own insurance and own test gear…. You may as well be self employed.

Sounds like one of those scammy companies that find you the work, but take a massive cut of the price before paying you.

Whoah… wait… 15 EICRs a DAY!!!
Shocking. Pardon the pun.

I struggle to do 3 domestic EICRs in a normal day , so anyone doing 10 to 15 is probably not even getting the tester out the van and just doing a quick visual and making up some test results then fudging the report copy and paste style

Reply to Wow are rates really that bad? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock