Discuss Biggest mistake as a sparky in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Old Jag Lover

Time to man up confess your sins,what are your worst disasters for me,2.First drilling through a bundle of 6 bundled pyros in a large office block as an apprentice,my then boss said 3 ft from the wall,not true it was 3 metres,3pyros 4000Amp risers using ESR system second 3 2000A risers DC 3 wire for elevators in Sydney lots of downtown didn't get the AC till 1979.Second,sending a guy to replace a contactor in a Ward Leonard setup said look here the diagram does not agree 6 and 9 are reversed,told him don't worry factory mistake,no no no,resulting in no field on output motor,causing birdcaging,causing catastrophic rotor failure repair costs to us,100000 bucks.ouch.

Time to man up confess your sins,what are your worst disasters for me,2.First drilling through a bundle of 6 bundled pyros in a large office block as an apprentice,my then boss said 3 ft from the wall,not true it was 3 metres,3pyros 4000Amp risers using ESR system second 3 2000A risers DC 3 wire for elevators in Sydney lots of downtown didn't get the AC till 1979.Second,sending a guy to replace a contactor in a Ward Leonard setup said look here the diagram does not agree 6 and 9 are reversed,told him don't worry factory mistake,no no no,resulting in no field on output motor,causing birdcaging,causing catastrophic rotor failure repair costs to us,100000 bucks.ouch.

Wow! Thankfully I've been pretty fortunate compared to that, my apprentice put his foot through a ceiling in a loft twice in a year, but cant compete with the above

i suppose my biggest mistake as a sparky was agreeing to work for builders, my biggest mistake before becoming a sparky was deciding becoming a sparky!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 410
Two blocks of flats at different levels, with me so far? good, two stair wells common feed from the same source, linked together via the roof spaces of each block, still with me? Boss says up you go Pete 18" chisel bar 2 lb lump hammer chop a hole through the 18 " dividing wall. What Pete forgot was the difference in height between the two blocks, yep you've guessed it chopped straight through after about 10 mins only to see some pretty wall paper on the other side of the hole, occupier not happy, neither was the boss stopped my pay for the day, barsteward.

Reply to Biggest mistake as a sparky in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock