Discuss cable selection 600amp 3 phase in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks fo all the input so far, going over some of the responses, firstly there is cost, running secondary feed may be an option but that puts us from 5 cables to 9 ( considering a single cpc ),
Most 660amp power locks only take up to 300m, but you can get 750amp and 800amp just trying now to find out if the can take larger cables. the distribution equipment is not a problem as I will make that to suite if we haven't already got it. this is for a temporary event, but I am used to multiple source and not such long runs which is why I am picking you clever lots brains in case I can find an alternative way of achiving the same thing as I think i will have to do, which is split the load at source and run secondary feeds to second distro and split the loads to smaller chunks.
Oh and one other thing sorry Dave sparks the 3x125 are 3 phase 100amps per phase. so 600amp max draw.
Darkwood sugested tri foil cable, but mentioned difficulties layout, I Have not worked with this, so I will have a look at it. do it need extra protection?

Tri-foil cable is how you would arrange the singles not a type of cable, it requires the phasing magnetic fields be configured in a standard arrangement, this is also applicable when running parallel singles so you will need to look for the phasing arrangment anyway. If your supply and load solutions can take multiple cores per phase then this is the way to go most definately, it is quicker install, simpler termination and can reduce allover copper equivelant sizing.
If you want to see what I mean then google tri-foil cable arrangement 3 phase to understand your options.

Oh and one other thing sorry Dave sparks the 3x125 are 3 phase 100amps per phase. so 600amp max draw.

3 x 3 phase 100 amps per phase gives a total of 300 amps per phase so you need a 300A supply, not 600A.
Different companies rate the same connector design differently because it isn't governed by a standard the way that other connectors are such as cee type connectors or 13A plugs. They all, as far as I know, accept up to 300mm on the larger sized connector.

For those who haven't seen powerlock connectors before, this is a 125A up to 400A powerlock adaptor out of our hire stock. The cable is 35mm H07RNF singles.

Normal powerlock cables are a set of 5 single core H07RNF cables with the source and drain (male and female) single pole connectors at each end.

View attachment 47069 View attachment 47070
nice boots!

Reply to cable selection 600amp 3 phase in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net