Currently reading:
Coding for this odd one

Discuss Coding for this odd one in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Been to carry out a EICR today. consumer a dogs dinner! there are two boards one being an off peak supply. bonding to the gas service comes into the 'normal' unit, water bonding goes into the off peak unit (board now dead) the board is still connected to met.

Im thinking at a push a C2 as potentially if that offpeak board was taken out and mr diyer just cut the cables then water no longer bonded.

What would you guys code?

thanks

Thing is those old off peak boards usually get swapped over to on peak and the spurs changed for single sockets as well, I understand what your asking, but a C3 for me in this instance, in fact a nothing even

You can only code what is in front of you, you cannot code for some future action by the client.

If the water bond is effectively bonded back to the MET correct size etc. then no code.
You could maybe C3 it, recommending either another Bond, or moving the bond back the Main CU MET, or MET if separate.

Or just move it yourself and crack on.

Again, I'd go for a C3 or recommendation - they should really go to the MET but there's no risk of danger with the current setup. As spark 68 says if it's not that much trouble you could just move them yourself to save having to put anything down.

Been to carry out a EICR today. consumer a dogs dinner! there are two boards one being an off peak supply. bonding to the gas service comes into the 'normal' unit, water bonding goes into the off peak unit (board now dead) the board is still connected to met.

Im thinking at a push a C2 as potentially if that offpeak board was taken out and mr diyer just cut the cables then water no longer bonded.

What would you guys code?

thanks

i wouldnt code this anything tbh :S

I hear what your saying but we cant code an install on what may happen. Its valid at the time of report.

Mind you i hate seeing old reduntant CU's there that serve no purpose.. Anyone agree?

It's always nice to change 2 or 3 boards and enclosures, and a mess of henleys and JBs into a nice new CU install. A bit of job satisfaction in that indeed.

Reply to Coding for this odd one in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back