Discuss Contact Your MP - Mine is voting for the motion tonight!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

There are a number of ways to see how an MP votes. There is a website called They work for you (google it). That is a mine of info. MPs have their own websites and some record their voting patterns, you could try that. Then there is the old fashioned way-you write and ask them, either Royal Mail or e mail. Good Luck!!

To be honest I'm pleased the motion didn't win, we need the dust to settle and see what the playing field looks like, without futher disruption. The damage has been done we need to move on and hope the government takes note and helps us win back business and customer confidence.

Yes it was wrong to "drop us over the cliff" but that's business. We all know the rate was too high, and truth be know material cost in January will decrease.

We run a good honest business and we have come across so many rogue Solar PV firms ripping off customers because of the higher Fit rate. One customer was quoted 10,900 for 8 190w upsolar panels, we would charge £6,500 (for a comparison) - but after assessment recommended Hyundai 250w which still came in just under £4,000 cheaper than the REAL approved joker outfit.

If your in the industry for a quick get rich then move on, Solar PV is a viable renewable source of energy along with other sources. I get so much satisfaction with every installation, because I'm passionate in Renewables and know I've installed a good system. Most our customers then contact us for other services, because we are honest with our prices.

Yes its going to be much harder to sell Solar, but lets get on with it.

Hansard website just updated. The voting is here Hansard - Commons | Houses of Parliament, Today in the Commons (23rd November 2011): Page 21

Strange that so many MPs voted when only a small fraction of that number were present in the Commons for the actual debate. I guess they were busy eating their dinner.

I dont thnk it would have mattered who was there or, from what I've been seeing on twitter, what the MP's thought- they just seemed to tow the party line, with a few exceptions.

Plus they get nice subsidised food and drink...

Firstly thanks everyone who came to Westminster yesterday.

Coalition were under a three line whip. There were still two abstentions.

Amazing that Greg Barker hadn't even read his own impact assessment, came out with a load of b*****s at the end and in my opinion mislead Parliament. He has paved the way nicely for the legal challenges.

This is not over yet. They are well rattled otherwise they would not still be trotting out misinformation, eg untrue comparisons with Germany. It is amazing how these idiots cannot even get simple facts right.

As for Peter Lilley, strangulation at birth would have been too good for him - the illigitimate child of Thatcher.

Last edited by a moderator:
We run a good honest business and we have come across so many rogue Solar PV firms ripping off customers because of the higher Fit rate. One customer was quoted 10,900 for 8 190w upsolar panels, we would charge £6,500 (for a comparison) - but after assessment recommended Hyundai 250w which still came in just under £4,000 cheaper than the REAL approved joker outfit.

If your in the industry for a quick get rich then move on, Solar PV is a viable renewable source of energy along with other sources. I get so much satisfaction with every installation, because I'm passionate in Renewables and know I've installed a good system. Most our customers then contact us for other services, because we are honest with our prices.

Yes its going to be much harder to sell Solar, but lets get on with it.

I have spoken to 2 people in the last week who were quoted 23 grand for 16 panel installs. Thats just criminal by any measure, and the techniques used by the salesmen bordered on bullying.

one was a double glazing firm, one a national solar firm, just the sort MCS was supposed to keep out. The sooner they are gone the better.

Reply to Contact Your MP - Mine is voting for the motion tonight!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net